Studies on Fluoride Concentrations in Human Submandibular/Sublingual Saliva and their Relation to Flow Rate and Plasma Fluoride Levels
- How to make a good impression (crown and bridge). Millar, Brian // British Dental Journal;10/13/2001, Vol. 191 Issue 7, p402
Offers tips on how to achieve good dental impression. Preparation of the soft tissues; Selection of impression technique; Achievement of injection moulded method.
- Crowns and other extra-coronal restorations: Impression materials and technique. Wassell, R.W.; Barker, D.; Walls, A.W.G. // British Dental Journal;6/22/2002, Vol. 192 Issue 12, p679
Discusses factors influencing the choice of dental impression materials. Elastomeric materials; Hydrocolloid impression materials; Putty-wash technique.
- Impressions are changing. Christensen, Gordon J. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Oct2009, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p1301
In this article the author reflects on the questions regarding the use of conventional or digital dental impression devices for crowns and fixed prostheses. He mentions that the additional changes on the concept of using digital dental impression has confused dentists. He explains that dentists...
- THE ROLE OF COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY OF PAROTID STONES: A CASE REPORT. Mandel, Louis; Hatzis, Gregory // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Apr2000, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p479
Describes a classic case of parotid stones sialadenitis secondary to a small lucent stone in Stensen's duct. Sensitivity of computerized tomography (CT) to minimal amounts of calcific salts; CT scan's ability to locate the stone and its position; Significance of CT in early diagnosis and...
- STUDIES ON SYNERESIS AND IMBIBITION IN REVERSIBLE HYDROCOLLOID. SWARTZ, MARJORIE L.; NORMAN, RICHARD D.; GILMORE, H. WILLIAM; PHILLIPS, RALPH W. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1957, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p472
The article reports on syneresis and imbibition in reversible hydrocolloid. Reversible hydrocolloid is used as an impression material in constructing inlays, crowns, and partial dentures. A study was conducted where four commercial brands of hydrocolloid: Deelastic, Van Rossem, Dentocoll, and...
- TRADE NEWS. // British Dental Journal;7/8/2000, Vol. 189 Issue 1, p50
Presents dentistry equipments and supplies. Extracoronal slide attachment for fixed/removable restorations; Dental gloves; Dental handpiece; Disinfectants for a variety of dental impression materials.
- MAINTENANCE OF EQUILIBRIUM IN REVERSIBLE HYDROCOLLOID IMPRESSIONS. JAMES, ALLISON G. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1949, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p108
The article presents a study which examined the maintenance of equilibrium in reversible hydrocolloid impressions made with stock impression materials. The author looks at the maximum time interval between making dental impressions and pouring that still allows accuracy to be maintained. The use...
- SUGGESTED REVISIONS FOR TESTING DENTAL ELASTIC IMPRESSION MATERIALS. CRESSON, JAMES // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1949, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p573
The article presents a study that measured the physical properties of dental impression compounds and suggests revisions for testing the elasticity of dental impression materials. Topics include: three properties that dental impression materials should have; three specifications that guided the...
- A CAD-CAM prosthodontic option, for a rotated maxillary right central incisor -- An evaluation. // Indian Journal of Dental Sciences;Dec2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p22
The article presents a case study of a 40 years old female who was suffering from mal-aligned right sided maxillary central incisor. It is reported that, soft tissue management was performed from double gingival cord procedure, and additional silicon rubber base impression material was used for...