PROGRESSIVE DENTISTRY AND STOMATOLOGY
- The effect of periodontal therapy on uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus in older subjects. // British Dental Journal;1/28/2006, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p91
The article presents the abstract "The Effect of Periodontal Therapy on Uncontrolled Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Older Subjects," by A. Promsudthi, S. Pimpansri, and colleagues.
- CoQ10 Can Improve Periodontal Health. // Life Extension;Feb2016, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses a research study which was conducted to analyse the role of Coenzyme (Co) Q10 in improving periodontal health, and states that CoQ10 was found to reduce gingival inflammation in patients.
- PASSIVE IMMUNIZATION AGAINST DENTAL CARIES AND PERIODONTAL DISEASE: DEVELOPMENT OF RECOMBINANT AND HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES. Abiko, Y. // Critical Reviews in Oral Biology & Medicine;2000, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p140
Indigenous micro-organisms in the oral cavity can cause two major diseases, dental caries and periodontal diseases. There is neither agreement nor consensus as to the actual mechanisms of pathogenesis of the specific virulence factors of these micro-organisms. The complexity of the bacterial...
- Classification Tree Prediction Models for Dental Caries from Clinical, Microbiological, and Interview Data. STEWART, P. W.; STAMM, J. W. // Journal of Dental Research;Sep1991, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p1239
Caries prediction by Classification And Regression Tree (CARTï¿½) analysis is an appropriate and powerful alternative or complement to the commonly used classification methods of logistic regression and discriminant analysis, both parametric and nonparametric. The binary classification tree...
- The how's and why's of plaque control. Kawashima, Z. // Quintessence International;Aug1979, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p79
The article offers simple preventive plaque control regimen that can be suggested by dentist or hygienist. It notes the Modified Bass technique which provides the best results for long term plaque control since it uses a soft brush with bristles that are even or flat at the surface. It cites the...
- Calcium May Help Prevent Gum Trouble. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jul99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the prevention of periodontal or gum disease through an increase in calcium intake. Information on the study by the State University of New York at Buffalo on calcium consumption and periodontal disease; Relationship of calcium's potential in preventing gum disease to its role in...
- Teeth, bones and brushing. Hunter, Jane // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;4/2/2005, Vol. 156 Issue 14, p455
Presents a letter to the editor about the issue concerning brushing the teeth of dogs and cats regularly in order to prevent periodontal disease.
- FDI Competition Identifies Top Advances in Dentistry. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p180
The article reports on the results of the competition sponsored by the FDI World Dental Federation in 1999, which identified the top advances in dentistry for the century including periodontal disease prevention, the role of dental plaque and fluoride.
- Fluoridation. // Access;Feb2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p38
Reports on water fluoridation and its effect on reducing tooth decay. Recommendations by the United States Public Health Service on community fluoridation; Number of people worldwide that use fluoridated water; Grants to states for oral health activitites.