NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Tags: AIR bases
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.
- U.S. and German authorities... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;01/01/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p25
Cites the agreement between United States and German authorities to transfer the Rhein-Main air base at Frankfurt, Germany to civilian use by 2005. Incorporation of the facility into the Frankfurt airport; Cost of the handover.
- Depot expertise available. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/08/97, Vol. 147 Issue 23, p17
Reports that the US Air Force depot at Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah is offering its design services to industry for so-called Group A box-to-box wiring modifications. Aircraft that have been handled by Hill's engineering design integration team.
- El Toro inspires Spectrum split. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;1/20/97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1
Examines the proposal to turn El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Orange County, California into a commercial airport. Comments from Charles Haggerty, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Western Digital Corporation; Arguments for and against the proposal; Benefits of the...
- Pre-flight planning at El Toro, Tustin bases. West, Sandy // Orange County Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p3
Provides information on plans by the MCAS El Toro Master Development Program to turn marine air stations at El Toro and Tustin into commercial uses. Comments from Courtney Wierchioch, assistant chief executive for the county; Size of the two bases; Names of two legal counsels working for the...
- Glenview maps out land use after base closing. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR20
Reports that the military base Glenview Naval Air Station which closed in 1995 will be turned into a residential and recreation center along with an additional school and a metra commuter train station. Space allotted for these projects; Cost of projects; When project will be completed;...
- The unexpected visitor. Selman, Scotty // Flying Safety;Mar1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
Presents a narrative regarding an unauthorized landing by a civilian aircraft at the Castle Air Force Base in California. Lack of response of civilian pilot to radio signals from airfield; Discovery of illegal drugs from the aircraft; Reasons for civilian pilot's disorientation.
- Wilkes transitions Davis-Monthan. // Inside Tucson Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 15
Highlights the transfer of command at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Arizona. Replacement for Colonel Bobby J. Wilkes; Military background of Colonel Paul G. Schafer; Number of military and civilian personnel stationed at the base.