EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES OF THE VALIDITY OF ADVERTISED CLAIMS FOR PRODUCTS OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE IN RELATION TO ORAL HYGIENE OR DENTAL THERAPEUTICS: 5. MAY THE USE OF PEBECO TOOTH PASTE, TWICE A DAY, BE REASONABLY REGARDED AS A PART OF "THE BASIS OF CORRECT
- EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES OF THE VALIDITY OF ADVERTISED CLAIMS FOR PRODUCTS OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE IN RELATION TO ORAL HYGIENE OR DENTAL THERAPEUTICS: 3. MENNEN'S CREAM DENTIFRICE, ADVERTISED AS AN ACID DENTIFRICE, IS ALKALINE IN REACTION. KARSHAN, MAXWELL; GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1920, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p293
This article discusses the results of a research study conducted to determine the efficacy of Mennen's Cream Dentifrice in consideration of its advertised benefits. The study finds that Mennen's Cream Dentifrice exhibits an alkaline reaction, though it is advertised as an acidic product. It is...
- Colgate plans 'receding gums' toothpaste launch. // Marketing Week;4/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p7
The article reports on the launching of Colgate Time Control from Colgate-Palmolive Co. The toothpaste brand prevents the problem of receding gums because it contains vitamin E that neutralizes free radicals associated to gum tissue damage. Meanwhile, competitor GlaxoSmithKline is preparing to...
- P&G Seeks Renewal In Teeth Whitening. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;1/16/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the plans of Procter & Gamble to release its Crest Whitestrips Renewal teeth whitening product in January 2006. The Crest Whitestrips Renewal contains a stronger formula that promises to erase 20 years of stains. The product, targeted to a mostly female 35-plus...
- COMMENT ON THE FALSITY OF VARIOUS PUBLISHED CLAIMS FOR CERTAIN DENTIFRICES. TAYLOR, J. MADISON; GREELEY, HORACE; MERRITT, ARTHUR H.; HYATT, THADDEUS P.; LIMERICK, O. VICTOR; STILLMAN, PAUL R.; BUCKLEY, J. P.; CARNEY, MATTHEW F. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1919, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p497
This article focuses on the use of dentifrices. The authors believe that various tactics have been employed to raise the use of dentifrices. Topics include gullibility in humans, advertising tactics, and manufacturers' claims. Dentifrices discussed include Kolynos, Pebeco Tooth Paste, and Pepsodent.
- EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES OF THE VALIDITY OF ADVERTISED CLAIMS FOR PRODUCTS OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE IN RELATION TO ORAL HYGIENE OR DENTAL THERAPEUTICS: 4 PEPSODENT "BULLETIN No. 4" DOES NOT SHOW THAT PEPSODENT EXERTS APPRECIABLE DIGESTIVE ACTION ON DENTAL... GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1920, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p299
This article discusses the results of a research study conducted to determine the efficacy of Pepsodent in consideration of its advertised benefits. The study finds that Pepsodent fails to remove existent mucin dental plaque and inhibit its further growth. It is noted that the study is part of a...
- Colgate Total: A finalist for Marketing Excellence Award. // Caribbean Business;10/21/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p49
Focuses on Colgate Total as the most used and recommended toothpaste by doctors in Puerto Rico. Official launch of the toothpaste in February 1998; Advertising campaign accompanying the launch; Distribution of editorial material about the toothpaste to the media; Market participation achieved...
- All smiles. Streit, Rachel A. // Natural Health;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p18
Reports that the Maine Natural Toothpaste with fluoride has just been approved by the American Dental Association (ADA). Reasons for applying for the ADA's seal of acceptance.
- The $40 Toothpaste. Berend, Christopher // Esquire;Mar2001, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p70
Evaluates the toothpaste and oral hygiene product Herbal Brite.
- Less abrasive than other toothpastes. // British Dental Journal;12/22/2012, Vol. 213 Issue 12, p621
The article reports that a testing has confirmed that Beverly Hills Formula Total Breath Whitening toothpaste is less abrasive as compared to other leading brands.