THE BASIS AND ADMINISTRATION OF ADVANCED STANDING IN SCHOOLS OF DENTISTRY
- Dental education in Colombia. Jaramillo, Jorge A.; Pulido, Jairo H. Ternera; Núñez, Jaime A. Castro; Bird, William F.; Komabayashi, Takashi // Journal of Oral Science;Mar2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p137
This article describes Colombia's development of formal dentistry, its dental school system, curriculum, and dental licensure, and current issues in oral health care. In 1969, there were only 4 dental schools in Colombia; at this writing there are 21. Five dental schools are public and the other...
- Welcome Class of 2013. // Penn Dental Journal;Fall2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the welcoming ceremonies held by Penn Dental Medicine for the Class of 2013 during its annual White Coat Ceremony at the University's Zellerbach Theatre in Pennsylvania.
- Grand tour takes place at dental academy. // British Dental Journal;10/23/2010, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p373
The article announces the successful launching of the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy in England in welcoming the first cohort of fifth year dental undergraduates from King's College London Dental Institute (KCLDI) and meeting representatives from the local dental community.
- Education. O'CONNELL, DANIEL M. // America;3/5/1927, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p501
The article discusses the report on credentials for undergraduate studies in the U.S. A report published in the October 1926 issue of the "Bulletin of the American Association of University Professors" offered recommendations on the selection standards for college education. The author explores...
- Eyes on the prize. // British Dental Journal;8/23/2003, Vol. 195 Issue 4, p177
Presents picture depicting award received by the dental students at the University of Bristol Dental School of a Heraeus Kulzer Biomaterials Prize in recognition of their outstanding performance in the Basic Biomaterials section in Great Britain.
- The integrity of the institution. Simonsen, Richard J. // Quintessence International;May1996, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p299
The article presents the author's opinion on dental colleges in the universities. He considers that dental schools subsidize faculty members who do nothing, putting a stress over productive faculty members. He also believes that dental schools have been taking in students who have no interest in...
- New York City Schools Publish Standards. Branch Jr., Alfred // Curriculum Administrator;Jan2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the publication of educational standards by the New York City school district. Examples of the tasks which certain grade level students should be able to accomplish; Mailing of guideline pamphlets to parents; Function of the guidelines to guard the district against lawsuits in its...
- California Raises Certification Standards. // Art Education;Dec63, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p29
The article presents a reprint of the article "California Raises Certification Standards," from the previous issue of the Urban Reporter. It reports on the increased certification standards for elementary schoolteachers in California. The new requirements include five years of college...
- WHAT DO ICM QUALIFICATIONS MEAN TO YOU? // Credit Management;Sep2014, p50
The article offers insights from different individuals who graduated the degree of Master in International Communication Management (MICM). Topics discussed include Opeyemi Sebastian who says that the qualification gave him chance to work in senior management team, Paul CoWWithurst says that he...