2008 - Immediate and delayed acupuncture reduced frequency and pain intensity of primary migraine or tension-type headaches
- Headache Helpers. Lad, Vasant // Yoga + Joyful Living;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 97, p16
This article discusses the three classifications of headache and its natural ayurvedic remedies. Ayurveda categorizes many headaches according to which subtle energy principle or "dosha" is out of balance in your body-mind. The classification includes "vata" headache, "pitta" headache, and...
- Headache and botulinum toxin. Porta, Mauro; Camerlingo, Massimo // Journal of Headache & Pain;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p325
The authors discuss clinical and international experience about botulinum toxins (BTX types A and B) in headache treatment. Data from literature suggest good results for the treatment of tensiontype headache, migraine and chronic tensionâ€“type headache. In the present paper mechanisms of...
- brain strain. // Cleo;Jan2011, p152
This article describes the different kinds of headaches that commonly affect women. Tension headache is the most common sort of headache. It is caused by tension in the trapezius muscle that connects the back and head. Hormonal headache is caused by sensitivity to changes in hormones and fluid...
- Cost effectiveness analysis of a randomised trial of acupuncture for chronic headache in primary care. Wonderling, David; Vickers, Andrew J.; Grieve, Richard; McCarney, Rob // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/27/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7442, p747
Objective To evaluate the cost effectiveness of acupuncture in the management of chronic headache. Design Cost effectiveness analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Setting General practices in England and Wales. Participants 401 patients with chronic headache, predominantly migraine. ...
- Acupuncture for Military Personnel Health and Performance. Nielsen, Arya; MacPherson, Hugh; Alraek, Terje // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;May2014, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p417
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the study "Acupuncture for Military Personnel Health and Performance" by C. Goertz, B. P. Marriott and M. D. Finch et al. in a 2013 issue of the journal.
- Cervicogenic Headache: Practical Approaches to Therapy. Martelletti, Paulo; van Suijlekom, Hans // CNS Drugs;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p793
Cervicogenic headache is a relatively common and still controversial form of headache arising from structures in the neck. The estimated prevalence of the disorder varies considerably, ranging from 0.7% to 13.8%. Cervicogenic headache is a â€˜side-lockedâ€™ or unilateral fixed headache...
- Oh my aching head! // South Asian Post;4/28/2011, p9
The article offers information on several types of headache such as sinus headache, migraine and tension headache.
- Long-term tricyclic use beneficial. // Pulse;11/3/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 33, p12
The article reports on a meta-analysis of 37 studies conducted by Dr. Jeffrey Jackson and his team according to which tricyclic anti-depressants a better treatment for migraine and tension headaches than antidepressants and placebos.
- New daily persistent headache and radiologically isolated syndrome. Aguiar de Sousa, Diana; Geraldes, Ruth; Gil-Gouveia, Raquel; Sá, João // Journal of Neurology;Aug2013, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p2179
A letter to the editor is presented related to identification of new daily persistent headache (NDPH) as a rare form of chronic daily headache.