2008 - n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reduced morbidity and mortality in chronic heart failure
- Effect of PUFAs on chronic heart failure. // Neurology Alert;Dec2008 Clinical Bri, p24
The article discusses research being done on the effect of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in chronic heart failure patients. It references a study published in a 2008 issue of "Lancet." It is stated that PUFA can be another tool in reducing the residual risk of congestive heart failure...
- Mega 10. // Nutraceuticals World;Dec2013, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p99
The article offers brief information on the Mega 10 omega fatty acid supplement from Metagenics Inc.
- Effect of PUFAs on chronic heart failure. // Internal Medicine Alert;11/15/2008 Clinical Briefs, Vol. 30, p1
The article highlights the result of the study that addressed the efficacy of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) in reducing the risk in patients with chronic heart failure.
- Levosimendan: A Review of its Use in the Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Innes, Carmen A.; Wagstaff, Antona L // Drugs;2003, Vol. 63 Issue 23, p2651
Levosimendan (Simdax[sup Â®]) is a calcium-sensitising drug that stabilises the troponin molecule in cardiac muscle, thus prolonging its effects on contractile proteins, with concomitant vasodilating properties. Intravenous levosimendan (12â€“24 Î¼g/kg loading dose followed by...
- Vitamin and Mineral Co-Factor Supplement. // Positive Health;May2006, Issue 123, p7
The article features the new cofactor Vitamin and Mineral food supplement called VegeCo. It has optimum absorption of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which has an essential role in helping attention, concentration, learning and memory. It also helped in stabilizing mood swings and lifting...
- THE INFLUENCE OF HEMP OIL DIETARY SUPPLEMENTATION ON AEROBIC CAPACITY IN RATS. Codruţa, Bulduş; Simona, Tache; Remus, Moldovan // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Educatio Artis Gymnasticae;2012, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p15
Background. Hemp seed oil obtained by cold pressing is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6 required for a normal diet. Aims. The study investigated the effects of dietary supplementation with hemp seed oil on aerobe effort capacity in experimental conditions. Materials...
- The essentials of essential oils. Smith, Michael // Better Nutrition;Jun2002, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p36
Evaluates the health benefits of essential oils intake. Definition of essential oils; Implications of the overabundance of omega-6 fatty acids; Identification of fish as the best source of omega-3 fatty acids; Need for supplements.
- Sex-Specific Effects of Diets High in Unsaturated Fatty Acids on Spatial Learning and Memory in Guinea Pigs. Nemeth, Matthias; Millesi, Eva; Wagner, Karl-Heinz; Wallner, Bernard // PLoS ONE;10/15/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Unsaturated fatty acids (UFAs), including omega-3, omega-6 polyunsaturated and omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acids, are essential components and modulators of neuromembranes and may affect various aspects of physiology and cognition. UFAs are suggested to positively affect spatial learning and...
- Phenylketonuria: nutritional advances and challenges. // Nutrition & Metabolism;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article mentions that dietary approach is the main approach of phenylketonuria (PKU) therapy. It states that the nutritional management has became an complex approach for optimizing the proper growth of PKU patients. It mentions that several factors contributes towards the improvement of PKU...