A CRITIQUE OF FRED W. RIGGS' ECOLOGY OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- A Weber for Our Time: The Life and Work of Fred W. Riggs. Frederickson, H. George // PA Times;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on the life and work of Fred W. Riggs, contemporary practitioner of public administration. Work for several organizations engaged in research and technical assistance; Importance of bureaucracy in prismatic society; Contrast between presidential and parliamentary constitutional systems.
- Political Control and the Power of the Agent. Moe, Terry M. // Journal of Law, Economics & Organization;Apr2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
In the study of public bureaucracy, the relationship between political authorities and bureaucrats is commonly understood as one of principal and agent, and analysis centers on how the authorities can try to overcome the information asymmetry at the heart of this relationship-arising from the...
- PHENOMENOLOGY AS A CRITIQUE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS EDUCATION. Hwa Yol Jung // Southern Review of Public Administration;Jun82, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p175
Focuses on the attempts of developing a rhetorical conception of education in and about public affairs and public administration. Performative and dialogical nature of language used in public administration; Origin of the concept of education.
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AS A FIELD OF STUDY: DIVERGENCE OR CONVERGENCE IN THE LIGHT OF 'EUROPEANIZATION'? Randma-Liiv, Tiina; Connaughton, Bernadette // TRAMES: A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences;2005, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p348
As an academic field Public Administration retains its complex identity as a subject that cannot be observed within clearly defined boundaries independent from other disciplines. Despite this the Europeanization of public administration as a profession provides opportunities for the convergence...
- INFO. // Juridical Current;2014, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p158
A description of the course European Professional Master in Public Administration (MPEAP) created by the Erasmus-Moduc project (Master Professionnel Europeen D'Administration Publique) is presented.
- TOWARD A GROUNDED APPROACH TO PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION EDUCATION: A SYMPOSIUM. White, Orion // Southern Review of Public Administration;Dec79, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p253
Focuses on the development of a grounded approach to the study and teaching of public administration. Effects of institutional structures and dynamics on students; Co-producer of knowledge; Promotion of participation of public administration educators in local chapter activities.
- In Honor of Fred Riggs. Tummala, Krishna K. // PA Times;Mar2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p21
An obituary for Fred W. Riggs, founding director of the Comparative Administration Group (CAG), is presented.
- ABOUT FRED THAYER. Harmon, Michael M. // Administrative Theory & Praxis (Administrative Theory & Praxis);Sep2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p457
This article presents the author's remembrances of Fred Thayer, an author and intellectual who passed away in 2006. Thayer's work greatly influenced the study of public administration. His notions on hierarchy and economic competition are still widely debated. He infused his ideas with an...
- Thinking Globally, Planning Nationally and Acting Locally: Nested Organizational Fields and the Adoption of Environmental Practices. Vasi, Ion Bogdan // Social Forces;Sep2007, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p113
The study of the adoption of activities to protect the natural environment has tended to focus on the role of organizational fields. This article advances existing research by simultaneously examining conflicting processes that operate in nested organizational fields at local, national and...