DENTAL LITERATURE: ITS ORIGIN AND DEVELOPMENT
- INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR DENTAL RESEARCH. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1928, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p197
The article discusses the history and structure of the International Association for Dental Research. Details are provided about the efforts made to establish the dentistry periodical "Journal of Dental Research" in order to share ideas in dental research. Information about the establishment of...
- 125 years of developments in dentistry, 1880-2005. Part 2: Law and the dental profession. Gelbier, S. // British Dental Journal;10/8/2005, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p470
Presents the second part of a series of articles on the history of dentistry in Great Britain. Predecessors of the dental profession; Factors that threatened the establishment of the profession in the mid-1850s; Coverage of the 1878 Act.
- Over a decade of dentistry explored. // British Dental Journal;9/24/2005, Vol. 199 Issue 6, p329
Provides information about the "British Dental Journal." History and background of the journal; Recognition of author and editors; Topics discussed in the journal.
- Early periodical literature of dental radiology. Kowitz, Aletha A.; Loevy, Hannelore T. // Quintessence International;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p629
Examination of the early literature of dental radiology reveals that dental scientists of the time were eager to experiment with the new technology but were unaware of the dangers associated with radiation. (Quintessence Int 200'.32.629-632)
- Continuing Education. // KDA Today;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p32
A calendar of dentistry continuing education from August to December 2015 is presented which includes the Coronal Polishing for Dental Assistants on August 22, the Dental Assisting Delegated Duties on October 17-18, and the Creating Your Ideal Dental Practice on October 30.
- CONTINUOUS INNOVATION HEALTHIER COMMUNITY : CONTRIBUTIONS AND CHALLENGES IN COMMUNITY DENTISTRY. Jallaludin, Raja Latifah // Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan2008 Supplement, p5
The lecture will begin by tracing the history of dentistry and will end by predicting the future of dentistry. It will trace innovations along the historical path that have contributed to the oral health of the community and suggest future innovations that could possibly bring about positive...
- Oral Condyloma Acuminatum. Zunt, Susan L.; Tomich, Charles E. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Jun89, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p591
Fifty-one cases of oral condyloma acuminatum are reported, bringing the total number in the English medical/dental literature to approximately 156 cases. Ninety-five percent of the 59 new cases were in males. Eighty-one percent occurred in the age range of 21-40 years. The most common locations...
- Assessment of the Quality of Reporting Observational Studies in the Pediatric Dental Literature. Butani, Yogita; Hartz, Arthur; Levy, Steven; Watkins, Catherine; Kanellis, Michael; Nowak, Arthur // Pediatric Dentistry;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p66
Purpose: The purpose of this assessment was to evaluate reporting of observational studies in the pediatric dental literature. Methods: This assessment included the following steps: (1) developing a model for reporting information in clinical dentistry studies; (2) identifying treatment...
- Parental Health Literacy and Children's Dental Health: Implications for the Future. Jackson, Richard // Pediatric Dentistry;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p72
Health literacyâ€”or the lack thereofâ€”is now seen as a major impediment to the successful implementation of many health programs. Every day, parents make decisions, take actions, and consider issues that influence not only their own health, but also that of their children....