- The HamsterModel for Identification of Specific Antigens of Taenia solium Tapeworms. Ochoa-Sánchez, Alicia; Jiménez, Lucía; Landa, Abraham // Journal of Biomedicine & Biotechnology;2011, p1
Humans acquire taeniasis by ingesting pork meat infected with Taenia solium cysticerci, which are the only definitive hosts of the adult stage (tapeworm) and responsible for transmitting the human and porcine cysticercosis. Hence, detection of human tapeworm carriers is a key element in the...
- Comparison of the usefulness of hydatid cyst fluid, native antigen B and recombinant antigen B8/1 for serological diagnosis of cystic echinococcosis. Mohammadzadeh, Tahereh; Sako, Yasuhito; Sadjjadi, Seyed Mahmoud; Sarkari, Bahador; Ito, Akira // Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene;Jun2012, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p371
Abstract: For serodiagnosis of cystic echinococcosis (CE), the usefulness of three native antigens, a hydatid cyst fluid (HCF) obtained from infected sheep in China, two types of antigen B prepared from each HCF obtained in Iran and China, and one recombinant antigen B8/1 (RAgB), were evaluated...
- EvaluaciÃ³n del impacto de un programa de control de la teniasis-cisticercosis (Taenia solium). de Aluja, Aline S.; Suárez-Marín, Raúl; Sciutto-Conde, Edda; Morales-Soto, Julio; Martínez-Maya, José Juan; Villalobos, Nelly // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;may/jun2014, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p259
Objetive. The impact of a control program is evaluated to eventually eradicate taeniasis-cysticercosis (Taenia solium) based on education and vaccination of pigs. Materials and methods.The prevalence of porcine cysticercosis was estimated using tongue inspection, ultrasound and determination of...
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN ENZYME-LINKED IMMUNOELECTROTRANSFER BLOT (EITB) ASSAY USING TWO BACULOVIRUS EXPRESSED RECOMBINANT ANTIGENS FOR DIAGNOSIS OF TAENIA SOLIUM TAENIASIS. Levine, Min Z.; Lewis, Melissa M.; Rodriquez, Silvia; Jimenez, Juan A.; Khan, Azra; Lin, Sehching; Garcia, Hector H.; Gonzales, Armando E.; Gilman, Robert H.; Tsang, Victor C. W. // Journal of Parasitology;Apr2007, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p409
The article describes the development of two serological taeniasis diagnostic tests using recombinant antigens rES (recombinant excretory/secretory protein) 33 and rES38 expressed by baculovirus in insect cells. Both laboratory tests and field tests showed that rES33 and rES38 are sensitive and...
- Using ultrasound to detect pregnancy. // High Plains Journal;9/3/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 36, p9-A
The article focuses on the importance of the use of ultrasound in the diagnosis of pregnancy in cow.
- Endobronchial ultrasound as a confirmatory tool for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. Harris, Kassem; Chalhoub, Michel // Annals of Thoracic Medicine;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p127
A letter to the editor about the use of endobronchial ultrasound in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism is presented.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Gallbladder Adhesions. Dill, James E.; Hearetta, Thomas R.; Berkhouse, Linda // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1995, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p855
Presents a letter to the editor on the use of endoscopic ultrasound in the diagnosis of gallbladder adhesions.
- Answer to case of the month #85: Abdominal computed tomographic manifestations of cystic fibrosis in an adult. Kirkpatrick, Iain D.C.; Greenberg, Howard M. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p103
Presents the use of abdominal computed tomographic (CT) in the screening of an adult with cystic fibrosis. Description of findings on a CT scan of the abdomen; Signs and symptoms of cystic fibrosis; Effectiveness of ultrasound in increasing the specificity of the diagnosis in patients with...
- Intestinal obstruction due to taenia saginata infestation: a case report. Soleimani, Ali Reza; Jamali, Saeed Reza; Hoseini, Kaveh // Tehran University Medical Journal;May2011, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p136
Background: Infection with Taenia saginata or taeniasis is an uncommon parasitic infection in Iran with a prevalence rate of 2-3% and it is more seen in the northern parts of the country. Epigastric pain, nervousness, dizziness, nausea and loss of appetite may be the only presenting symptoms but...
- Comparison of barium swallow and ultrasound in diagnosis of gastro-oesophageal reflux in children. Naik, D.R.; Bolia, A.; Moore, D.J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/29/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6486, p1943
Investigates the use of barium swallow and ultrasound in diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux in children. Comparison of diagnostic accuracy; Role of barium swallow and ultrasound in diagnosis; Characterization of gastroesophageal reflux.