Efficacy of antidepressants and psychological therapies in irritable bowel syndrome: systematic review and meta-analysis
- Clinical Quiz. // American Family Physician;10/1/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p1167
Presents a clinical quiz based on an article on diverticular disease, hemoptysis, end-of-life treatment and G6PD deficiency, published in the "American Family Physician."
- Possibilities in Interventional Therapy: What Are the Limits? Abele, John E. // Vascular;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS20
The article cites trends in interventional therapy. As a response to increase demand and shrinking budget for medicine, practitioners engage in interventional therapy shift more of the diagnostic and management burden to patients and families. They also seek less expensive settings for the...
- Development of Quantum Dot-Mediated Fluorescence Thermometry for Thermal Therapies. Bumsoo Han; Willard Hanson; Karim Bensalah; Altug Tuncel; Joshua Stern; Jeffrey Cadeddu // Annals of Biomedical Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1230
AbstractÂ Â As thermal therapies are frequently employed for management of tumors in various organs, there are growing demands for reliable and accurate intraoperative monitoring techniques of the thermal lesion. However, current monitoring techniques have limited accuracy, accessibility and...
- Guanidino compounds after creatine supplementation in renal failure patients and their relation to inflammatory status. Youri E. C. Taes; Bart Marescau; An De Vriese; Peter P. De Deyn; Eva Schepers; Raymond Vanholder; Joris R. Delanghe // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Apr2008, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1330
Background. Specific guanidino compounds have been described as uraemic toxins and their concentrations are increased in renal failure due to dimished glomerular filtration, whereas the guanidino compound creatine is used as a performance-enhancing substance in athletes. The present study...
- therapeutic. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p739
An encyclopedia entry for "therapeutic," which is a term meaning relevant to treatment, is presented.
- PRINCIPIOS GENERALES SOBRE LA PSICOFARMACOTERAPIA EN NIÃ‘OS Y ADOLESCENTES. UNA REVISIÃ“N. García Maldonado, Gerardo; Joffre Velásquez, Víctor Manuel // Salud Mental;jul2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p30
The main objective of this work is to make a review about the general principles that are suggested for a good psychopharmacotherapy on children and teen-agers, a practice that must always be part of a planned multimode treatment that follows an adequate paidopsychiatric evaluation.
- Application of revised criteria for Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse headache in a tertiary Headache Centre. D'Amico, Domenico; Tullo, Vincenzo; Cecchini, Alberto; Usai, Susanna; Mea, Eliana; Bussone, Gennaro // Neurological Sciences;May2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 29, p158
Various diagnostic criteria have been proposed for chronic daily headaches. We tested the recently proposed revised criteria of the International Headache Society in a sample of patients with chronic daily headaches, most of whom were overusing acute medications, to assess their applicability in...
- Introducing Contributors from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Wright, Janis // American Family Physician;10/1/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p1473
Discusses a new series of "Practical Therapeutic" articles contributed by the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin that appear in this issue of "American Family Physician." How the topics in the articles reflect the broad expertise of members of the...
- Therapeutic effects of all-trans retinoic acid on experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and its role in T-helper lymphocyte responses. Froushani, Seyyed Meysam Abtahi; Delirezh, Norouz; Hobbenaghi, Rahim; Mosayebi, Ghasem // Tehran University Medical Journal;2012, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p710
Background: Recent studies have demonstrated an essential role for IL-17 in the pathogenesis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). Furthermore, it has been shown that FoxP3+Treg cells play an important role in the suppression of autoinflammatory reactions. Although, previous...