- Molecular prediction of disease risk and severity in a large Dutch Crohnâ€™s disease cohort. R K Weersma // Gut;Mar2009, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p388
BACKGROUND: Crohnâ€™s disease and ulcerative colitis have a complex genetic background. We assessed the risk for both the development and severity of the disease by combining information from genetic variants associated with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). METHODS: We studied 2804...
- Predicting prognosis in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p436
The article offers information on the gene expression profile discovered by researchers that could predict prognosis in patients with Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- Prognosis of colonic Crohn's disease. Elliott, P.R.; Ritchie, J.K.; Lennard-Jones, J.E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/20/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6489, p178
Reports the prognosis of colonic Crohn's disease. Comparisons between Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis; Information on the surgical treatment of Crohn's disease; Features of regional enteritis.
- Clinical and pathological analysis of colonic Crohn's disease, including a subgroup with ulcerative colitis-like features. Soucy, Genevieve; Wang, Helen H; Farraye, Francis A; Schmidt, Jason F; Farris, Alton B; Lauwers, Gregory Y; Cerda, Sandra R; Dendrinos, Kleanthis G; Odze, Robert D // Modern Pathology;Feb2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p295
No abstract available.
- Dissecting Allele Architecture of Early Onset IBD Using High-Density Genotyping. Cutler, David J.; Zwick, Michael E.; Okou, David T.; Prahalad, Sampath; Walters, Thomas; Guthery, Stephen L.; Dubinsky, Marla; Baldassano, Robert; Crandall, Wallace V.; Rosh, Joel; Markowitz, James; Stephens, Michael; Kellermayer, Richard; Pfefferkorn, Marian; Heyman, Melvin B.; LeLeiko, Neal; Mack, David; Moulton, Dedrick; Kappelman, Michael D.; Kumar, Archana // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Background: The inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are common, complex disorders in which genetic and environmental factors are believed to interact leading to chronic inflammatory responses against the gut microbiota. Earlier genetic studies performed in mostly adult population of European...
- Latent Cluster Analysis of ALS Phenotypes Identifies Prognostically Differing Groups. Ganesalingam, Jeban; Stahl, Daniel; Wijesekera, Lokesh; Galtrey, Clare; Shaw, Christopher E.; Leigh, P. Nigel; Al-Chalabi, Ammar // PLoS ONE;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p1
Background: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a degenerative disease predominantly affecting motor neurons and manifesting as several different phenotypes. Whether these phenotypes correspond to different underlying disease processes is unknown. We used latent cluster analysis to identify...
- SIGNET--RING CARCINOMA IN CROHN'S DISEASE PRESENTING AS A NECK MASS. Rothstein, Robin D.; Hunter, Roberta // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1995, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p2059
We report a case of signet cell carcinoma of the colon in a patient with Crohn's disease. Signet cell carcinoma, also termed linitis plastica, is an unusual malignancy of the colon and is rarely associated with Crohn's disease. In general, metastatic disease is evident at the time of diagnosis,...
- T300A variant of autophagy ATG16L1 gene is associated with decreased antigen sampling and processing by dendritic cells in pediatric Crohn's disease. // Inflammatory Bowel Disease Monitor;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p61
This study linked the genetic variations of the autophagy gene, autophagy-related 16-like (ATG16L1), with functional perturbations of immune signaling in individuals with early-onset Crohn's disease.
- Enflamatuar baÄŸÄ±rsak hastalÄ±ÄŸÄ± olan TÃ¼rk Ã§ocuklarÄ±nda interlÃ¶kin-10 almaÃ§ gen mutasyon sÄ±klÄ±ÄŸÄ±nÄ±n ve klinik Ã¶zelliklerinin belirlenmesi. Beşer, Ömer Faruk; Boztuğ, Kaan; Kutlu, Tufan; Çokuğraş, Fügen Çullu; Erginöz, Ethem; Erkan, Tülay // Cocuk Sagligi ve Hastaliklari Dergisi;tem-eyl2014, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p163
In our study, we aimed to determine the presence of interleukin-10 (IL-10) receptor resistance gene mutations as a cause of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in children aged 0-18 years with a diagnosis of IBD by genetic analysis and to compare patients with versus without IL-10 receptor mutation...
- Neutrophil anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody proteins: bactericidal increasing protein, lactoferrin, cathepsin, and elastase as serological markers of inflammatory bowel and other diseases. Kyriakidi, Kallirroi S.; Tsianos, Vasileios E.; Karvounis, Evaggelos; Christodoulou, Dimitrios K.; Katsanos, Konstantinos H.; Tsianos, Epameinondas V. // Annals of Gastroenterology;2016, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p258
Infl ammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a chronic infl ammatory disorder of the gastrointestinal tract comprising Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Although the pathogenesis of the disease is not clearly defi ned yet, environmental, genetic and other factors contribute to the onset of the...