- The use of 18F-FDG PET/CT in colorectal liver metastasesâ€”comparison with CT and liver MRI. Kong, G.; Jackson, C.; Koh, D.; Lewington, V.; Sharma, B.; Brown, G.; Cunningham, D.; Cook, G. // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Jul2008, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1323
We compared 18-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose (18F-FDG) positron emission tomographyâ€“CT (PETCT) with contrast-enhanced whole-body CT (ceCT) in identifying extrahepatic disease and with manganese dipyridoxyl diphosphate (Mn-DPDP) liver MRI for liver metastases in patients with colorectal liver...
- Limited value of routine followup CT scan in nonoperative... Allins, Alexander; Ho, Taylor // American Surgeon;Nov1996, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p883
Examines the utility of a second computerized tomography (CT) scan in nonoperative management of blunt liver and splenic trauma. Nonoperative treatment used in blunt injuries to the liver and spleen; Information on a nonoperative study conducted on patients with splenic and liver injuries;...
- Case: Meningioma masquerades as glaucoma. Correa, Mark; Hasson, Matt; Nale, Pat; Pagnani, Michelle // Ocular Surgery News;5/25/2012, p16
The article reports that a patient's progressive changes on visual field testing, despite diagnostic testing indicating glaucoma, led one clinician to go for computed tomograpy (CT) scan of the patient which revealed meningioma.
- Management of colorectal liver metastases after complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. A case of computertomography-guided wire marking of the liver tumor. Kornprat, Peter; Schöllnast, Helmut; Cerwenka, Herwig; Werkgartner, Georg; Bernhardt, Gerwin; Mischinger, Hans-Jörg // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Jan2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p125
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the management of colorectal liver metastases using computertomography (CT) scan after undergoing chemotherapy.
- Detection of alcohol-induced fatty liver by computerized tomography. Allaway, S. L.; Ritchie, C. D.; Robinson, D.; Seear, T.; Reznek, R.; Kelsey Fry, I.; Thompson, G. R. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Mar1988, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p149
Computerized tomographic (CT) scanning of the liver was undertaken in 17 occasional and 19 heavy drinkers undergoing health screening. The median attenuation value of the liver (CT number) in occasional drinkers with normal liver function tests was 54.4 compared with 25.9 in the heavy drinkers...
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine for the Treatment of HAART-Associated Lipoatrophy. Taki, Kahoko; Chow, Dominic; Shikuma, Cecilia // Hawaii Medical Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p190
Background Lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients is one of the major adverse effects of highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART). Acetyl- L-Carnitine (ALC) is a mitochondrial co-factor primarily involved in the transport of fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane. The objective of this...
- Tuberculous Meningitis - A Clinico- Radiological Study. Sharma, H. K.; Gupta, S. K.; Sudan, S. S.; Sharma, Renu // JK Science;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p198
To study the CT-scan changes in brain in patients of tuberculous meningitis and their correlation with stage of disease and its outcome. A prospective, hospital - based, clinico - radiological study of one year duration including 48 pediatric and 44 adult patients. 50% of patients in the stage I...
- CT scan. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Feb2013, p1
CT scan: see CAT scan.
- CT scan. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Q2 2016, p1
CT scan: see CAT scan.
- Focal Fatty Infiltration of the Liver in Acute Alcoholic Liver Injury: Hot Spots with Radiocolloid SPECT Scan. Kudo, Masatoshi; Ikekubo, Katsuji; Hino, Megumu; Ibuki, Yasuyoshi; Tomita, Shusuke; Komori, Hideji; Orino, Akio; Todo, Akio // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1989, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p948
We present herein a case of focal fatty infiltration of the liver, in which extremely unusual findings were exhibited on single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) of the radiocolloid liver scan. Liver scan was performed on a 46-yr-old patient with a clinical picture of acute alcoholic...