THE ENDOWMENT FUND FOR THE SUPPORT OF THE JOURNAL OF DENTAL RESEARCH
- MEMORANDUM ON THE QUESTION WHETHER DENTISTRY SHOULD BE DEVELOPED "UNDER" MEDICAL EDUCATION OR, INSTEAD, WITH THE GENEROUS COï¿½PERATION OF MEDICAL EDUCATION. MIDGLEY, ALBERT L. // Journal of Dental Research;Oct1933, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p329
This article discusses the proceedings of the Dental Education Council of America (DECA), an affiliate of the International Association for Dental Research in Chicago, Illinois in April, 1933. At this meeting, the Dental Education Council discussed the relationship between dental education and...
- Dental Schools Council meeting. // British Dental Journal;11/27/2010, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p491
Information on the topics discussed at the Dental Schools Council meeting held at the School of Oral and Dental Sciences in the University of Bristol in Bristol, England on October 29-30, 2010 such as the White Paper, Brown Report and the Comprehensive Spending Review is presented.
- An International Magna Charta for Teachers. Carr, William G. // Education Digest;Mar1967, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p4
This article presents information on a document adopted at the UNESCO Intergovernmental Conference on the Status of Teachers, in Paris, France related to status of teachers and educational conditions throughout the world. According to the document, higher status for teachers and improved...
- International Veterinary Dental News. // Journal of Veterinary Dentistry;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p256
The article presents news briefs related to the international veterinary dentistry. The 14th European Congress of Veterinary Dentistry was held on September 22-25, 2005 in Ljubljana, Slovenia where 160 delegates from 27 countries participated. The European Veterinary Dental College (EVDC)...
- Attacks threaten standards measure in Maine. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;4/3/96, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p11
Reports on the opposition to an academic-standards bill in the Maine legislature. Legislation's chances of survival; Objections from the members of the Christian Civic League of Maine, Concerned Maine Families and other groups; Alleged incursion on local control; Bill's wording as value laden;...
- Annual meetings bridge members, unify associations. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2001, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p31
Highlights the 2001 International Association of Healthcare Central Service & Material Management annual meet. Information on the rating of items evaluated in a survey during the meeting; Significance of the addition of chapters in California and Virginia; Relationships with national healthcare...
- Tire Society meeting to coincide with ITEC. // Rubber & Plastics News;8/20/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p3
Highlights the Tire Society annual meeting in Akron, Ohio. Interaction between the Tire Society and the International Tire Exhibition and Conference during the meeting; List of speakers of the Tire Society meeting; Benefit of the back-to-back conference on the rubber industry.
- STATE OF AIHEC AND COLLEGE FUND PRESENTED. // Tribal College Journal;Fall2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p47
Highlights the convention of the American Indian Higher Education Consortium in South Dakota. Emphasis on the role of students to change the history of Indian Education; Attendance of students, faculty and administrators from tribal colleges; Advocacy to increase funding for technical assistance.
- Symposium draws 500. // Business Insurance;10/1/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p10
Reports the attendance of the 20th annual International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists Symposium in Boston, Massachusetts.