People In The News
- People. // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 1, p10
Career developments involving several professionals in the publishing industry are discussed. Liza Algar and Sarah Williams have been promoted at Chronicle Books. Jennifer Barth has been named VP, executive editor of HarperCollins's flagship imprint. Maria De Jesus-Forero has joined Bookworld as...
- DEALS. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;11/5/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 44, p10
This article offers news briefs concerning book and publishing deals in the U.S. Jeff Galas at Avery won an auction for National Geographic magazine editor Peter Miller's "The Smart Swarm: How Ants, Bees, and Birds Teach Us to Cope with a Complex World" via David McCormick at McCormick &...
- ON THE MOVE. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p6
The article announces appointments of various individuals including Christopher Casper as the leader in management liability and mergers and acquisitions practice of Hub International Midwest Ltd., Scott Steiner as the chief operating officer of MacNeal Hospital and Jennifer Barth as the...
- Barker hits the ground running. Livesley, James // B&T Weekly;5/4/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2607, p15
The article profiles Carrie Barker, managing director of publisher Emap Australia. She had been promoted from her role as advertising sales director at Emap UK. Her former boss at Guardian News & Media UK describes Barker as hardworking and ambitious with a three-dimensional way of looking at...
- Gabriel to S&S Backlist Post. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 43, p15
Discusses the promotion of B.J. Gabriel as the vp of sales development at publisher Simon & Schuster. Information on the career of Gabriel; Work responsibilities.
- Celebrating the next generation of female ad leaders. // Campaign;10/16/2009, Issue 41, p12
The article presents the six women who won in the Future Leaders Fund in 2009 in Great Britain. These women include Publicis UK account manager Jennifer Barthe, Dare Digital Ltd. head of copy Carina Martin and Touch DDB account manager Claire Bowers. It notes that these women executives are...
- People. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p34
Presents information on various appointments and promotions at publishing companies in the United States. Promotion of Tracy Quitasol to the post of program development director at The Hearst Group; Naming of Susan Clare Ellis as editor of BabyCenter; Appointment of Ira L. Goodman to the post...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS …. // Book Publishing Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p7
Reports developments related to promotions of publishers in the U.S. Appointment of Jane Rosenman as executive editor of Saint Martin's Press; Selection of Cam Cloeter as vice president of distributor sales and retail marketing of Simon & Schuster; Promotion of executives at Ingram Book Group Inc.
- Activities and Publications. Stern, Jenny Seastone // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p45
Presents an update on promotional campaigns from U.S. publishers during Spring 2002. Information provided by the Web sites of the Children's Book Council and the Academy of American Poets; Poetry books released by HarperCollins; Recommended books from Harcourt and Penguin Putnam.