Distribution Service Looks To Double Business In Next Six Months
- CDS Adds Publishing Unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the decision of book distributor Client Distribution Services to enter the publishing business in February 2003. Statement issued by CDS President Gilbert Perlman; Payment plan offered by CDS Publishing.
- CDS Adds Virgin Publishing. // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p10
Highlights the agreement of Client Distribution Services to distribute book titles published by Virgin Publishing. Number of book titles published by the company; Categories of the books published by the company.
- Client Distribution Services Adding Titles to Publishing Line. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p8
Highlights the expansion of the titles being published by Client Distribution Services (CDS) in the U.S. in January 2004, in an effort to build its publishing business. Market areas targeted by the company; Advantage of the author contracts of CDS over other publisher's author contracts; List...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;1/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p4
The article presents news briefs pertaining to the publishing industry in the United States. Client Distribution Services will begin having the University of Michigan Press' books distributed in June 2006. Border Group Inc. CEO, President and Chairman Greg Josefowicz will retire no later than...
- Executive group to acquire Random's distribution division. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/3/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p11
Reports that a group of executives led by Random House Inc. distribution division president Gilbert Perlman has agreed to acquire the distribution unit from the giant publisher. Client Distribution Services Inc.'s (CDS) acquisition of Random House's distribution facility in Jackson, Tennessee,...
- Abbeville Moves Distribution to CDS. // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p22
Announces that Abbeville Publishing Group plans to move its sales and distribution functions to Client Distribution Services (CDS) on July 1, 2000. How Abbeville Publishing previously handled its own sales and distribution; Terms of the agreement with CDS.
- CDS lands first publisher. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p30
Reports that Client Distribution Services (CDS) Inc. has signed its first publisher, Harvard Business School Press. Harvard Business' plan to use CDS to handle domestic retail sales of its new and backlist titles beginning June 1, 1999; Extension of the distribution agreement between CDS and...
- Learning Company Signs with CDS. // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p13
Reports on a distribution agreement forged by Learning Company Books with Client Distribution Services. Background of Learning Company.
- CDS to Assume Back-Office Duties for LPC Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 38, p13
Deals with the alliance formed by the LPC Group and Client Distribution Services (CDS) in the United States. Impact of the economies of scale on the partnership; Plan of CDS to open similar deals with other firms; Move of LPC to close its office in Chicago, Illinois as a result of the alliance.