MacMurray & Beck On The Block Months After Key Execs Depart
- MacMurray & Beck Is Put on the Block. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 38, p9
Reports that MacMurray & Beck (M&B), the independent book publisher based in Denver, Colorado, is for sale. Background of M&B; When the company suffered a problem.
- Small Indie Publisher Gets Bigger Fast With MacMurray & Beck Buy. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the publisher MacAdam/Cage's acquisition of independent publisher MacMurray & Beck. Growth of MacAdam/Cage; Plans of MacAdam/Cage to publish 12 titles a year.
- MacMurray & Beck Acquired By San Francisco Indie. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the acquisition of independent publishing company MacMurray & Beck by McAdam/Cage. Terms of the agreement.
- Buyers wanted. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the options of retiring publishers on the sale of the publishing business in Canada. Doubts on the inclination of a large publisher to buy the business; Difficulty in identifying a potential partner; Reason of the discouragement of mergers between publishers by the Book Publishing...
- Publisher Acquisitions Listed in 'BP Report.'. // School Library Journal;Jan85, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the contents of the 'BP Report' of November 19, 1985. List of publishing firms sold in 1984; Acquiring companies.
- Focused on K-12 & Library, Haights Cross Sells a Legal Publisher. // Educational Marketer;4/14/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the sale of Andrews Publications, a legal publishing company of Haights Cross Communications, to West Co. in the U.S. Background of the business of Andrews; Reason for the sale of the enterprise; Comments of chief operating officer Tim McEwen on the sale of Andrews.
- Harris Sells Publishing Unit. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p31
Reports the selling of Harris Corp. publishing unit to MediaSpan in Raleigh, North Carolina. Reasons for the selling of the publishing unit; Appointment of executive Briggs Killborne as president of newspaper/media division of MediaSpan.
- FAR FROM PRIME. Bernstein, Jacob // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/12/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 54, p20
Reports on the sale of the 'New York' magazine of Primedia. Difficulty of the company to find a marquee executive; Demoralization of the staff.
- Hanley-Wood seeks a buyer. Harvey, Mary; Owens, Jennifer // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;07/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p15
Speculates on the outcome of Washington, D.C.-based publisher Hanley-Wood Inc.'s decision to put itself up for sale. Retirement of company chairman Michael Hanley; Hanley's selling of ownership stake; Probability of attracting bids from strategic and financial buyers; Potential acquisition value.