B&N.com Shells Out $64 Million For 3.5 Million Potential New Customers
- Barnes&Noble.com to Buy Fatbrain.com for $64m. Mutter, John; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;9/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 38, p9
Reports on the plan of Barnes&Noble.com (B&N) to buy Fatbrain.com. Value of the deal; Terms of the deal; Background of Fatbrain.com; Impact of the deal on B&N.
- Barnesandnoble.com expands with Fatbrain.com. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;09/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p5
Announces the acquisition of Fatbrain.com by Barnesandnoble.com. Total value of the acquisition deal; Background of Fatbrain; Benefit of the acquisition made by Barnesandnoble.
- barnesandnoble.com to Acquire Fatbrain.com, Announces Marketing Agreement with Yahoo! Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p49
Reports deals made by barnesandnoble.com with FatBrain.com and Yahoo!. Acquisition of FatBrain.com in a merger in which it will become a wholly owned subsidiary; Fifty percent ownership by barnesandnoble.com of Mighty Words which is part of the deal; Electronic book alliance between...
- Barnes&Nobles.com To Integrate Fatbrain. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p9
Reports that Barnes & Noble.Com Inc. will consolidate Fatbrain.Com Inc. into its New York offices by the middle of the second quarter of 2002. Reasons given for integrating Fatbrain; Decrease of sales.
- Book Battle. Bannan, Karen J. // MediaWeek;02/28/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p72
Looks at the online booksellers, Barnesandnoble.com, Borders.com, Fatbrain.com and Amazon.com. Business strategy of Amazon; Condition of Barnesandnoble's business; Details on the business model of Borders; Initiatives taken by Fatbrain.
- Barnes & Noble gets Fatbrain. // Information World Review;Nov2000, Issue 163, p1
Announces the acquisition of online technical bookseller Fatbrain.com by barnesandnoble.com. Value of the acquisition deal; Terms of the acquisition deal; Appeal of Fatbrain.com to barnesandnoble.com.
- Barnes & Noble.com launches digital imprint. Letts, Mike; Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on online book retailer Barnes and Noble.com as of February 2001. Company background; Company's launch of its electronic book publishing unit Barnes and Noble Digital.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p6
Reports the net sales of Barnes&Noble.com in the U.S. Comparison of sales with Amazon.com; Reduction of discounting and cut spending on marketing to improve online profit; Total operating loss of the company.
- Yahoo! Deal Marks Barnes & Nobel Reunion. Cleary, Mike // Inter@ctive Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p18
Elaborates on the significance of the deal between Yahoo! Inc. and online book retailer Barnesandnoble.com. Service to be launched by the companies; Financial status of both companies; Overview of the contract between Yahoo! and Amazon.com.