Middelhoff-Bertelsmann Is The Number-One Media Conglomerate On The Internet
- Revised Marketing Boosts Scholastic's School Book Club and Fair Businesses. // Educational Marketer;1/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the effort of educational publishing Scholastic Inc. to revitalize its school book club and fair businesses in the U.S. Impact of declined sales in 2003 on the enhancement of marketing strategy; Increase in their book fair revenue; Provision of student essay and poster contests.
- News Briefs. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Nov99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p45
Offers news relating to electronic publishing. The deal between Audio Book Club and Microsoft Corp. to convert more of Audio Book Club's content to Microsoft Windows Media Audio format; The agreement signed by IntraNet Solutions to acquire InfoAccess Inc.; SoftBook Press Inc. deal with the...
- What IF? Moyer, Steve // Humanities;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the role of the Institute for the Future of the Book (IF) in addressing the benefit of digital networks to reading and authorship in the U.S. It explains an online book club project created by IF founder Bob Stein in which seven women were chosen to read and make comments...
- Scholastic Plans Incentives to Boost Book Club Sales After Lowering 2003 Financial Results Guidance. // Educational Marketer;2/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the reduced guidance for revenue and earnings following the results in the school book clubs in New York City. Reduction in the school spending; Disruption of exports to foreign-based schools; Projection on the revenue growth of Scholastic.
- Bertelsmann shuts down Britain's second largest book club. Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/90, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p122
Reports on the shut down of Leisure Circle, Britain's second largest book club. Why this was done; Number of people affected.
- Book clubs provide social setting for literary discussions. Strange, Julia // Inside Tucson Business;6/19/95, Vol. 5 Issue 12, Golf & Leisure p17
Features book clubs in Tucson, Arizona. Includes Bookies; Book club meetings.
- What's in those boxes anyway? An analysis of school book club offerings. Strickland, Dorothy S.; Walmsley, Sean // Reading Teacher;Dec/Jan96, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p344
Examines the nature and range of materials offered through school book clubs in the United States. Number of books and other materials offered by book clubs; Analysis of club books by genre; Number of miscellaneous items.
- Buda Elementary book club shares 'Three Cups of Tea' Baker, Jayne // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/13/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 41, p3B
The article offers information on the book club named "Three Cups of Tea" of Buda Elementary in Texas.
- Ex Libris Club hears book review. // Malakoff News (TX);3/14/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p8A
The article reports that the Star Harbor Ex Libris Club held its review of the book "Secrets Under the Bridge," by Overton Shelmire at the home of Rosemary Burns in Malakoff, Texas in March 2008.