Milwaukee Faces Property Tax Hike, New Borrowing
- Milwaukee may fix system. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/10/94, Vol. 233 Issue 15, p13
Reports on Milwaukee, Wisconsin mayor John Norquist's fiscal 1995 budget request which includes nearly $90 million in planned upgrades to the city's drinking water treatment system. Factors behind the request; Investigations; Oppositions to the plan; Budget breakdown.
- WISCONSIN: Merge for Money. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports on the views of Milwaukee, Wisconsin Mayor John Norquist regarding a merger issue involving the Bradley Center and the city's convention center board. Condition imposed by the board in exchange for financial aid to the Center; Norquist's support to the condition imposed by the board.
- NIFA Report Released: Full Coverage on Web. // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Announces the release of the Nassau Interim Finance Authority's review of Nassau County, New York's proposed 2001 budget on October 2, 2000.
- Cook County Passes Budget Containing $500 Million of GOs. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p44
Reports on Cook County, Illinois' 2001 budget. Hospital and courthouse projects financed by general obligation bonds; Parking tax.
- What Volume Slump? Globally Speaking, Public Finance Is on Fire. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p6
Reports on the volume of public finance by provincial and local governments in 2000. Preliminary information compiled by Thomson Financial Securities Data; Benefits from steady worldwide economic improvement.
- Short on Funds, Nevada May Tap Bond Interest, Alter Debt Service. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31366, p1
Reports on the plan of Nevada officials for the multimillion-dollar budget shortfall in San Francisco, California. Use of interest earned from bonds; Establishment of debt service agreement; Transfer of unclaimed property fund to general fund.
- Deed of Arrangement- Payment of Dividends. // Accountancy;Oct70, Vol. 81 Issue 926, p732
Reports on the 1970 National Budget proposals in New Zealand. Wife allowance; Dividend income for residents; Special depreciation allowances.
- Missed Opportunities. // Business News New Jersey;07/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p14
Editorial. Comments on the increase in the budget of New Jersey for the fiscal year 2001. Increase in debt payment; Promise of New Jersey's administration that the budget will lighten the burden of state government on the public; State Senator John Lynch voting against the budget; Lynch's...
- Proposed Balanced Budget Amendment. // Congressional Digest;Oct82, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p227
Explains proposed amendments to Congressional debates over balancing the budget in the United States. Attitudes of Congressional members toward Federal fiscal policy; Differences over program spending levels.