Charter School Excitement
- Miller & Schroeder sets compass for charter schools. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p25
Reports on Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc.'s decision to focus more on charter schools with financing needs as well as nonprofit and economic development issuers as it seeks new opportunities in the municipal market. Company's staff recruitment plans; Risks in the...
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- Schools Set to Sample Bond-Related Innovations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Education's plan to focus on bond-related innovative finance for charters schools. Department's plan to introduce a demonstration program for charter schools; Congress' plan to increase funding for the credit enhancement program in 2002.
- Sarasota County, Fla., Charter School Closes on Rare Muni Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p29
The article reports on the municipal bond offering that has been closed by the Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences for a Florida charter school.
- Bond Issue Blazes Trail for Charter Schools in Texas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p24
Reports on Fate Higher Education Facilities Corp.'s plan to issue revenue-backed bonds to fund facilities and programs for the North Hills Charter School, based in Irving, west of Dallas, Texas. School officials' plan to use the state's first charter school bond deal to make their operation...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.