Doing Indian Right
- Epicurious Eating. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/15/2004, Issue 838, p50
Features the India Palace restaurant in San Diego, California. Indian cuisine; Service; Atmosphere; Food quality; Price.
- Toothsome tales. // India Today;5/24/2010, p37
The article reviews several restaurants in India, including Revolving Restaurant, Six Strings and 9 Apples.
- FBI, INS raid China Cafe chain in bust of alleged alien ring. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;04/02/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the investigation of a criminal network involved in the exploitation of illegal food service workers in the United States. Indictment of China Cafe owner Chuan Li Wu after his arrest; Claim of the arrested illegal workers on being forced to work to pay for their transportation to the...
- NEW WORKFORCE HEADACHE: Social Security crackdown adds to f/s labor shortage. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the effect of a nationwide records check conducted by the U.S. Social Security Administration on the labor supply of the food service industry in the country. Purpose of the records check; Information on immigrant laborers in the U.S.; Impact of the records check on taxpayers in the...
- Hot tea. Block, Katie // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p101
Features the Indonique Tea & Chai Cafe in New Orleans, Louisiana. Tea varieties offered; Food provided for diners; Quality of employees.
- Don't pass the Khyber for a taste of India. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p16
Focuses on the Royal Khyber restaurant in Orange County, California, which was opened by Arun Puri. Information on the restaurant's introduction to Indian cuisine; Background information on Puri; Description of the different Indiana meals which are offered; Year in which restaurant was opened. ...
- ARTESIA: CALIFORNIA MASALA. Lee, Elaine // Essence (Time Inc.);Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p190
Describes a travel in Artesia, California, a town informally known as Little India. Celebration of Diwali Day, an Indian festival; Concentration of Indian businesses in the city; List of Indian foods being served at Ashoka the Great. INSET: TRAVEL TIPS.
- Hello Delhi. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;06/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p88
Details the popularity of Indian cuisine in the United States restaurants. Factors attributed to the popularity of Indian cuisine; Danny Meyer and Michael Romano's upscale Indian restaurant, Tabla in Manhattan; Food specialties at Obachine, an Asian restaurant and Satay Bar; San Francisco's...
- Restaurant Guide. // South Asian Post;4/26/2012, p19
The article lists several restaurants in British Columbia that specialize in cuisines such as Indian, Japanese and Thai.