The transparent DSRs
- Once just order-takers, today's DSRs provide more services. Perkins, Caroline // Nation's Restaurant News;7/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p28
The article comments on findings by Technomic on value-added services offered by distributor sales representatives (DSR) in the United States food service industry. DSR offers assistance in menu planning, menu design, food safety, food handling and the use of business review and food-costing...
- The transparent DSRs. // Restaurant Business;Feb2009, Vol. 108 Issue 2, pFSB12
The article focuses on the role of distributor sales representatives (DSR) in the U.S. food service industry, according to Yancey's sales manager Paul Desena. Desena says operators and distributors should strive to build lasting, trusting relationships based on sharing knowledge and...
- River North branch of a Mexican favorite. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/15/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Features Lalo's, a Mexican restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Ambiance of the dining establishment; Menu design; Food quality.
- Signs of the times: Operators embrace functional menu systems. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Reports that foodservice operators in the United States have turned toward in-store sign systems that are flexible, functional and more affordable than traditional back-lit menu boards. Importance of menu boards and ancillary signs; Information on menu boards of some restaurants; Important menu...
- HAPPIER MEALS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;3/12/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p88
Presents advice to restaurateurs for preparation of attractive menu list according to preferences of children. Menu items for youngest customers at New York City's Guastavino's; Emphasis on flavors for food prepared specially for children; Food items preferred by kids. INSET: More than Child's...
- NEWS DIGEST. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p22
Reports developments related to the food service industry in the U.S. as of September 22, 2003. Presentation of contemporary Japanese food at Wildfish restaurant; Opening of a 28-seat restaurant at Mojo; Offering of traditional French cuisine at Brasserie Rouge.
- Jack's Oyster House. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p152
Features the Jack's Oyster House in Albany, New York. Provision of venue for American cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Interior decoration of the restaurant.
- Nobu. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p156
Features the Nobu, a fine-dining restaurant in New York. Provision of venue for contemporary global cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Web site; Interior decoration.
- Menu pricing in 2000: Caution is the wave of the present. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/31/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p47
Presents an excerpt of a foodservice panel discussion on menu pricing at the 2000 Foodservice Financial Forum in Chicago, Illinois. Increase in check averages at Darden's restaurants; Applebee's cautious stance on the issue of across-the-board pricing; Association of Apple bagel's prices to...