- Key Market Views: Leaving Lagos. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/29/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p21
The article presents an outlook for the performance of Ghana's global bond and the Lagos All-Share Index (LASI) and SEMDEX of Nigeria as of June 2009. The authors claim that the technical and fundamental pictures for both look less appealing, but the LASI could recover some of its end-2008...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p2
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in Washington, D.C. as of May 2001. Report of the Labor Department on the increase of consumer prices; Decrease of permit rates for private housing; Efforts of the Treasury Department to buy back outstanding issues maturing between November...
- TUESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p1
Several charts are presented depicting the activities of the bond market in the U.S. for October 17, 2006. The economic indicators include producer price index, industrial production and capacity utilization and the Tuesday's data report include government securities prices, municipal bond index...
- Munis Unchanged as PPI Data Comes in Mixed. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market for 2007 in the U.S. On April 13, 2007, the municipal market was unchanged as the March producer price index data came in mixed, with the headline number exceeding expectations. According to one trader in New York, it is very...
- WWD Composite Stock Index vs. S&P 500. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/6/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 3, p19
Provides information on the "Women's Wear Daily" composite stock index as of July 6, 2004.
- All Weekly Indexes as Munis Finish on Firm Footing. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32472, p6
The article reports that the weekly Bond Buyer indexes has declined as losses of September 18, 2006 were washed by gains of September 19, 2006, in which the September 210-rally helped municipals finish the week on a firmer footing. The tax-exempt market finished unchanged Friday, after having...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p2
Reports developments related to bond markets in the United States as of September 2001. Increase in consumer price index; Downgrading of the senior impled ratings of America West Airlines Inc and US Airways Inc.; Assignment of Aaa rating to multifamily housing revenues bonds of Texas Department...
- Picking winners, dropping losers. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;01/12/2001, p31
Focuses on a stock index created by Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa. Popularity of Satrix40 index; Similarity to the ALSI40 index; Bond Market Association's disappointment with the performance of Stripco bonds in South Africa.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Miñana, Luis E. // Caribbean Business;7/7/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p10
Reports that the Federal Open Market Committee has decided to raise short-term rates by 25 basis points in Puerto Rico. Targeted Federal funds rate and the discount rate; Discussion of long-term rates in the bond market; Status of the Puerto Rico Stock Index.