- Sodexho fights hunger with Serv-A-Thon Day effort. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/05/97, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p65
Focuses on the Serv-A-Thon project of Sodexho USA. Volunteer work for hunger relief; Latest project for S.T.O.P. Hunger; Friendly competition within the Sodexho office.
- Sodexho Marriott feeds the future with summer program. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p19
Focuses on the launching of the 1998 summer feeding program of Sodexho USA and Marriott Management Services called Feeding Our Future in four cities in the United States. Previous name of the program; Changes made to the program; Cities added to the program; Features of the program; Estimated...
- Foundation donates trucks to Gleaners, Forgotten Harvest. Welch, Sherri Begin // Crain's Detroit Business;12/14/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p20
The article reports that J. P. Morgan Chase Foundation is putting five million dollars to fight hunger in Detroit, Michigan and 19 other U.S. cities.
- Food drive collects for 15K families. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that the Spirit of Christmas Food Drive has collected non-perishable food items to help about 15,400 families in Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi, as well as families in the Hill and Bosque County areas in Texas.
- Food drive scores. // Wallaces Farmer;Oct2012, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p12
The article presents information on the fourth annual America's Farmers Food Drive held at Farm Progress Show in Iowa from August 28-30, 2012 to collect foods for those in need. INSET: Key Points.
- Mongolia's Approach Toward Pyongyang: Offering Guidelines for Washington's Failing North Korea Policy. Van Oosterhout, Jort // International Policy Digest;Jul2014, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p54
The article offers information on the guidelines for Washington focused on the failing North Korean policy. It mentions that Mongolia was the second country to recognize North Korea and received more than 200 orphans after the Korean war. It mentions that Ulan Bator continued its charitable...
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ANGEL HARVEST. Kaufman, Debra // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;07/25/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 2, pS-26
Features Los Angeles, California-based charity Angel Harvest as of July 25, 2000. Background on the history of the organization; Collection of excess food from donors; Lists of events in a typical day of operations of the organization.
- Muslim Charities Having Fun and Doing Good. Hanley, Delinda C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p57
The article reports on the move of the American Third Pillar Charities and Islamic Relief USA volunteers to partner with the government of Washington D.C. to distribute Thanksgiving meal for Ward 7 neighbors on November 25, 2014.
- The Price of Generosity. Bhasin, Amrita // Teen Ink;Feb2015, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p26
The author reflects on the struggles of some people in selling fake items to provide themselves with dinner and the things that teens can do to help others.