- confessions. // FoodService Director;3/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p14
The article presents an interview with Joie Schoonover, director of Dining and Culinary Services at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, about her experiences in the foodservice industry.
- The Red Deal. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;11/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
The article features Joie Schoonover, director of culinary services at the University of Wisconsin (UW), Madison. In just four years at UW, Schoonover reinvented the food service program of the university by changing its management structure and revising its operational systems. Schoonover also...
- The Action Blockbuster: Mobile Apps. SULLIVAN, ELISABETH A. // Marketing News;1/30/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses marketing with mobile device applications (apps) that have in-app advertising. The cost of building a mobile marketing app is discussed. Statistics are given from a survey of mobile Internet users concerning their feelings about the ads in mobile apps. Marketing executives...
- BIG CHANGES IN THE BIG APPLE. Lawn, John; Buzalka, Mike; Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p30
The article profiles David Berkowitz, executive director of the Office of School Food & Nutrition Services of the New York City Department of Education. He started to form his first impression for food at Seth Low Junior and Lafayette High Schools which made him an expert in school food. In...
- Making Boards Effective. Lawler, Edward E. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Provides suggestions on improving the roles of boards of directors. Adoption of a wider stakeholder perspective; Forging of strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Hungary's new audit chief. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p14
Looks at the increasing number of directors of corporations being sued for damages due to lack of awareness of all their statutory duties and liabilities. Changes in the way directors are viewed; Need for directors to have adequate insurance coverage.
- Women utility directors' agenda. Toussaint, Carol T. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 12 Issue 69, p21
Presents results of a survey on the agenda of women directors in corporate boards. Concern for environmental issues; Prioritizing of fiduciary responsibilities; Information needs and sources. INSET: Utility women's conference..
- Management succession: The board's role. Jadick, Theodore // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 13 Issue 75, p16
No abstract available.
- Looking beyond the CEO for management succession. Drury, James J. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p6
Focuses on factors affecting succession of chief executive officers (CEO). Corporate board's role in CEO succession planning.