Exclusive Coffee Roast Debuts
- Permanent tenure. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;10/25/93, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p26
Reveals that Sweet Briar, a small women's college in Virginia, is building a campus columbarium. It is believed that the Sweet Briar facility is the first generally available to anyone with connections to the college community. Cost of vaults; Number that have been sold so far; For alumnae,...
- Instant karma. Friese, Richard P. // Travel Agent;6/03/96, Vol. 281 Issue 2, p14
Recounts the author's traveling experiences to Sweet Briar College and Monticello both in Virginia. Description of the College; Unusual event at the College's museum; Visit to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello; History of Monticello.
- Sweet Briar College Announces Cuts to Programs and Faculty. // Women in Academia Report;5/8/2012, p6
The article announces the budget cuts being made on the campus of Sweet Briar College in Virginia which include an aggressive recruiting campaign to boost enrollments, eliminating major degree and minor degree programs and eliminating full-time faculty positions.
- Never Give In, Never Yield. PARKHURST, ERIN // Virginia Living;Oct2015, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p88
This article states that the board of directors had decided to close the Sweet Briar College is Amherst because of low enrollment and shrinking budget till appeals from the alumnae connecting through social media led to reversal of fortunes.
- "Whites Only" and "Colored" Signs Places on Water Coolers at Sweet Briar College. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);Sep2014, p29
The article discusses the controversy aroused after posters and labels saying "Whites Only" and "Colored" were placed on doors and water coolers in a residence hall on the campus of Sweet Briar College in Virginia.
- Solutions. // American Scholar;Autumn2015, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p2
An introduction is presented which discusses the articles within the issue on topics, including preventing Sweet Briar college from closing, the impact that infectious diseases have on stunting intellectual development and the autonomy of colleges.
- The Art of Losing: A Letter to My New Colleagues at Deerfield Academy. BROWN, CARRIE // Southern Review;Winter2016, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p142
A personal narrative is presented in which the author discusses her experience of living in Virginia as she and her husband prepare to leave Sweet Briar College, where they lived and taught for 20 years as a distinguished visiting professor of creative writing at Hollins University.
- Sweet Briar College Is Achieving Success in Its Social Media Marketing Campaign. // Women in Academia Report;2/21/2012, p18
The article focuses on the successful social media marketing campaign of Sweet Briar College (SBC) in "Project Rosebud". According to the Office of Media, Marketing and Communications of SBS, they used social media such as Facebook and Twitter and have increased the number of stories and videos...
- Right at Home. // Time;5/22/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 21, p60
The article announces the appointment of Anne Gary Pannell as the new president of Sweet Briar college for Women in Sweet Briar, Virginia.