Tufts University Contract Moves Avendra to Higher Education
- Family Matters. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article relates how meals at her large extended family has inspired Patti Klos in her role as director of dining and business services at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts.
- Kosher Menu Planning, for Patti Klos. // FoodService Director;1/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
An interview with Patti Klos, director of dining at Massachusetts-based Tufts University, is presented. When asked about the kosher concept at Tufts, Klos says kosher offerings will be served in one of the university's convenience store locations. Klos explains how the menu planning process...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p22
The article offers several ideas for the U.S. food service industry. Patti Klos, Director of Dining Services Tufts University, says they rolled out 10 new items priced under $5. Ken Toong of the University of Massachusetts says they held a "Make Your Own Pie" event, where a chef offered advice...
- MERCHANTS-ON-POINTS PLAN: Tufts students spend debit $ off-campus now. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p16
Introduces the additional service provided by Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, for its students in relation to foodservice. Features of the merchant-on-points program; Partnership agreement between Tufts and local foodservice operators.
- Cal Dining Scores TD at New Stadium. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses Cal Dining's operations at the University of California in Berkeley's Memorial Stadium. In April 2012, Cal Dining won a 15-year concessionaire contract, providing the foodservice a new revenue stream and expanded production space at the stadium kitchen. Aside from the usual...
- Graduated pay & scholarships lure f/s help. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p62
Reports on the efforts of the Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts to attract students to join its food service workforce. Increase in salaries; Offer of a discounted ski trip to New Hampshire; Awarding of $500 scholarships; Introduction of guest meals; Description of the facilities'...
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU): Inver Hills Community College, Dakota County Technical College, Anoka Technical College, Anoka Ramsey Community College & North Hennepin Community College. // Minnesota State Register;3/11/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p1340
The article offers information on notice issued by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) which discusses the requests for proposals (RFPs) for food services that provides wholesome food at moderate prices to students and staff of several colleges within university.
- WITH $10-MIL. BOOST: PENN PLANS UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
Reports the contract extension agreement signed between the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and Aramark in July 2003. Retail outlets that the food service team will launch in the campus; Plans for renovations of existing food service facilities; Modifications made to the meal plan...
- Yale University Cuts Food Ties With Aramark. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
This article reports on the decision of Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut to end its contract with Aramark. Beginning January 1, 2008, dining facilities at 11,500-student Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut will be self-operated. According to the "Yale Daily News," the contractor...