Aramark Pilots New Concept
- What are the new nutrition standards for school lunches that have some students boycotting their cafeterias and discarding the food? Scheer, Roddy // Earth Talk: Questions & Answers About Our Environment;11/18/2012, p1
The article provides an answer to a question of the nutrition stands for school lunches that made some students boycott cafeterias in the U.S.
- Aramark `sells' parents on school food. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the efforts of Aramark Corp. to invite parents of school children to programs involving school foodservice in Rhode Island.
- Renovate '98 helps Duval County school cafeterias attract students. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p52
Highlights Aramark Corp.'s successful implementation of its Renovate '98 foodservice program at the Duval County schools in Florida. Renovation of school cafeterias; Introduction of new equipment and Aramark's branded concepts; Increase in student participation; Budget surplus for Duval County...
- Smarter Lunchrooms: Using Behavioral Economics to Improve Meal Selection. Just, David R.; Wansink, Brian // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2009 3rd Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses the use of behavioral economics to increase students' selection of healthier meals in the U.S. This tool is used by economists and psychologists in addressing the problems of school lunches, such as introducing healthier meal selection while not compromising the school's...
- New Study Reveals Parents' Views on School Meals. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the study conducted by marketing firm Datassential Research Inc. which reveals the barriers faced by school foodservice programs it comes to parent participation in selecting school meals for their children in the U.S.
- BRING ON DESSERT. // American School & University;Jun2014, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p34
The article reports that the proposed Republican plan that will exempt some schools in offering healthy school meals has been approved by the U.S. Congress House Committee.
- Turning the Cafeteria into a Family Dining Room. // Curriculum Review;Oct2010, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p5
The article provides a profile of North Carolina's Onslow County School District's implementation of a family dining experience and provides comments on the program from the school's Child Nutrition Director Tilwanja Lucas.
- This mother is hungry for more food in her child's school lunch. McCURRY, RHONDA // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Nov2012, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p14
The author discusses the aspects of the school meals in the U.S. The author relates the experience of her five-year-old kindergarten son going home hungry after school. The author mentions the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), which is the second largest nutrition and food assistance program...
- "Serving Healthy School Meals". BLAD, EVIE // Education Week;1/8/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p4
The article presents information on a study from the Pew Charitable Trusts nonprofit organization and the philanthropy organization the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, which suggests that U.S. schools do not have the funding, space, and equipment to prepare food in accordance with the U.S....