Charter Schools Need Funds, Pursue Traditional School Finance
- Fitch: Nonprofit Health Care Sector Could See Decline in 2009. DEVITT, CAITLEN // Bond Buyer;9/26/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32970, p6
The article reports that nonprofit health care sector could see decline in Chicago, Illinois in 2009. This could be attributed to the sector's years-long strong operating performance, despite the remaining insulated turmoil in the capital markets. It notes that the industry turned in a stable...
- Colorado charter schools will enter tax-exempt arena with upcoming deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p1
Announces the plan of charter schools in Colorado to sell two tax-exempt bond issues through the Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority in August 1998. Terms of the two deals; Implications of the two deals for charter schools in the state; Ruling made by the Internal Revenue...
- N.Y.C. Trust Issuing $85 Million for Dance Foundation, Morgan Library. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the preparation of the New York City Trust for Cultural Resources to sell the bonds of Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation and Pierpont Morgan Library. Utilization of the long-term bonds for the expansion and renovation of the organizations; Inclusions of the capital and endowment campaign;...
- Scared of the bull. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;03/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p74
Reports that not-for-profit hospitals in the United States are investing too much money in noninvestment-grade bonds. How not-for-profit healthcare providers plan to add equities; How investment performance is determined; Statistics on the average asset allocation of some multihospital systems...
- TENNESSEE: Rare Rating . Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p39
Reports on the assignment of 'AA' ranking to the revenue bond issued by the Fairfax County Industrial Development Authority for the Inova Health System Foundation (IHSF). Agency that assigns the ranking; Amount of the revenue bond; Shift in the outlook of the rating agency on the outstanding...
- N.Y.C. Nonprofit Sales Set. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p35
The article reports that the sale of $31 million of bonds for two nonprofit organizations has been approved by the New York City Industrial Development Agency, which both of the plan to go market in early November 2006. The proceeds from $9 million of tax exempt civic facility revenue bonds will...
- Massachusetts, Pennsylvania Finding Ways Around Cap. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31005, p3
Reports that innovators in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania have found ways to stretch their private-activity bond volume cap limits. Nonprofits' seeking of finance from the Massachusetts Development Authority; Change in the marketing efforts of the authority.
- Emerging market boom beckons SA. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;3/24/2003, p49
Reports on the emerging market boom for bonds in South Africa in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on capital markets.
- New issues make a final run before year-end. // High Yield Report;12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the strength of new bond issues at the end of 1998. Increases of issues that were add-ons to outstanding debt; Equipment-lease deals priced.