Robbins Incinerator Closes; Costs and Clean-Up in Doubt
- Hauliers fear the worst after incineration firm collapse. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;10/2/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5300, p8
The article reports on the impact of Somerset incineration plant's collapse on livestock hauliers in England. The move of the plant into administration left them high and dry with their hopes to receive money owed to them. It notes that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PWC) tries to find a buyer for...
- Humacao loses two more. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;10/31/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p24
Reports on the increase in the number of business failures in Humacao, Puerto Rico. Closure by condom maker Schmid Products and Peerless Tube; Factors behind the closure of companies; Other plants that have shut down in Humacao since 1994.
- England's Betol factory closing. // Plastics News;8/6/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p27
Reports the closure of Luton, England-based Betol Machinery Ltd. factory of Davis-Standard Corp.
- More uncertainty for Hazlewood. // Food Manufacture;Mar2001, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p8
Reports impact of Greencore to the mass closure of plants in Great Britain. Reasons for the closure plans; Devolvement of management to business groups; Discussions on factory closure.
- Dozens industries closed after 57% power tariff hike. // Flare (Pakistan);Oct2013, p77
The article reports on the closure of dozens industrial plans in Pakistan following the 57% power tariff hike.
- 350 jobs go at Linde forklift truck plant in Hampshire. // Professional Engineering;6/24/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the upcoming closure of the Linde plant, a forklift truck factory in Hampshire, England. The plant will shut down due to the declining demand from the materials handling sector. The shutdown will create 350 jobs loss. According to parent company Kion Group, it is planning...
- WHO PAYS AFTER ACCIDENT CAUSES SHUTDOWN? Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/29/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p68
The article presents an answer to a question of who is liable to pay for additional expenses, lost productivity and income after a carrier accident causes a facility to temporarily shutdown.
- New Lady Fitness Closes. Fischbach, Amy // Fitness Business Pro;Dec2006, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the closure of New Lady Fitness center in Indianapolis, Indiana. The closing prompted complaints to the Missouri Attorney General's office which will review the complaints and seek more information from its owners. However, the corporate office claims that the club has...
- Reedley grower cuts back, sells acreage. Dillard, Gabriel // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/20/2009, Issue 323999, p3
The article reports on the projected shut down of tree fruit industry Ito Packing in the Central Valley, California. It notes rumors about the reason of the company's flagging and plans to cut its budget in acreage. The uncertainty of development for the company is projected considering its low...