- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p27
Reports on important developments concerning sales taxes and public expenditures for various projects in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah as of November 14, 2000. Shawnee County, Kansas; Cherokee National Council.
- ISSUES IN THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION VATS FOR THE AMERICAN STATES. Fox, William F.; Luna, LeAnn; Murray, Matthew N. // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2001, p188
Discusses the retail sales tax and its problems as it currently operates in the U.S. Various problems with a consumption value-added tax for states; Analysis of key issues of interest; Implications on taxation and public finance.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Hageman, Gerry; Friedlander, Laura A. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/8/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 32, pP26
Letters to the editor are presented including one related to the rising expenditures of the U.S. government and a letter expressing an opinion on the reported increase in taxable sales of Nevada.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; Murphy, Gavin; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p33
Presents news items related to developments in the field of public finance in the U.S. as of May 15, 2003. Imprisonment of former Escambia County commissioner W.D. Childers for violating the law that prohibits private meetings between elected officials; Growth in revenue earned by Georgia...
- TAX CONSCIOUS. // America;12/12/1936, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p230
The article comments on the use of taxation by the U.S. federal government in order to pay for its expenses. It says the government does not have general sales tax and no tax on the registration of motor vehicles. The author emphasizes the need for the government to either find new sources or...
- Sales Tax Rates Fluctuating This Year. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;7/28/2015, p3
The article reports that the number of sales and use tax rate changes in the U.S. rose in the first half of 2015 compared with the same period of 2014, according to a report from corporate tax technology firm Vertex. Topics discussed include Puerto Rico recording the highest number of tax rate...
- VALLEY HOUSEHOLDS TO GET MILLIONS IN MORTGAGE AID. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/14/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 11, pP12
The article reports that Nevada would receive over 100 million U.S. dollars in funds from the U.S. federal government in March 2011, wherein the Mortgage Assistance Program is expected to provide 38.5 million U.S. dollars to over 12,000 households in Clark County.
- Should Congress Vote a Sales Tax to Finance the War?...NO. Perloff, Harvey Stephen; Hanes, John W. // Saturday Evening Post;6/20/1942, Vol. 214 Issue 51, p26
The article focuses on the consideration being made by the U.S. Congress on the imposition of sales tax to finance war in 1942. Several organizations opposed the planned sales tax, including the National Association of Manufacturers. A study from the National Resources Planning Board revealed...
- Washington Notes. T. R. B. // New Republic;4/13/32, Vol. 70 Issue 906, p234
Focuses on the revolt in the U.S. Democratic Party against sales tax. Rise in morale and hope among the Republican Party Senators as a result of the Democratic discord; Passage of a two-billion-dollar bonus by the Democrats; Speculation of the rejection of the bill by U.S. President Herbert...