Plans Seek to Attract Businesses to Louisiana, Mississippi
- Senate Interested In Downtown Retail. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
The article discusses the planned revision of a law that created the downtown development authority (DDA) in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The revision will let the DDA operate retail incubators in its district and allow a board to establish a nearly tax free retail zone in underdeveloped sections of...
- Editor's Note. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Winter2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, pix
The article discusses various topics within the issue of "The American Bankruptcy Law Journal," for the Winter of 2007, including one about the marvelous history of the development of the independent bankruptcy judiciary by Judge Mund, and several chapters from her thesis.
- Law and economics in the United States: a brief historical survey. Hovenkamp, Herbert // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Apr95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p331
Part III. Provides a historical background of `Law and Economics' in the United States. Background and importance of Law and Economics; Its position before 1960; Ronald H. Coase's contributions to the revival of Law and Economics in the form of the Coase Theorem; Its development since 1960;...
- Law in development: On tapping, gourding, and serving palm-wine. Chibundu, Maxwell O. // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Spring97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p167
Examines the revival of interest in the relevance of law and development in the less-developed or Third World countries. Economic and political developments between the first law and development movement; Similarities and differences between new and old learning; Alternative conceptual framework...
- At last--Asia for the Asians. Naisbitt, John // Across the Board;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
Reports that Asia are creating their own rules on its economic emergence. Changes symbolic of Asia's new independence from the West.
- In the Spotlight. // Best's Review;Jun2004, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p6
Present several quotes about several laws and regulation governing in the U.S.
- Pushing the economy backward. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;4/24/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the negative effect of economic development laws in Puerto Rico. Continuation of paternalistic labor laws; Increase of the cost of business operations; Complexity of the permitting process.
- Developments in International Energy Law. Van Zandt, David // Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business;Spring2007, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p533
The article discusses various reports published within the issue concerning the emerging international energy law at the forefront of academic, political, and legal discussions.
- A year of legal milestones and more in store. Godwin, Andrew; Liu, Howard // Asian Business Review;Feb95, p27
Presents an overview on developments in Chinese law. Extent of the legal reforms and the impact on the Chinese economy; Artificialities in the foreign investment market; Requirement for domestic enterprises to sell their foreign exchange earnings to the member banks.