Senate Committee Approves D.C. Bill That Includes Budget, Tobacco Plan
- House Subcommittee Gives Green Light to Appropriations Measure. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p4
Reports the approval of the appropriations bill by the House of Congress in Washington D.C. Ratification of the city's budget; Endorsement of the 3.6 billion-dollars proposed budget providing additional general obligation bond authority; Contributions of the Financial Responsibility and...
- D.C. Appropriations Bill Squeaks Through House. // Human Events;09/29/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 35, p26
Reports on the approval by the United States House of the 2001 appropriation bill for the Washington, District of Columbia. Highlights on the bill; Votes of the legislators on the bill; Comments from legislators.
- Tax Cut Fails, Spending Bills Barely Pass, Senate Sends PNTR to President Clinton. // Human Events;09/29/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 35, p27
Offers a look at the status of several legislative bills in the United States Congress as of September 29, 2000. Effort to override a marriage reform bill veto; 2001 appropriations bill for the Washington, District of Columbia; Rejection by the United States Senate of an amendment to the...
- House Bans Assisted Suicide, OKs D.C. Budget, Bank Reform, Senate Passes Transport Bill and ... // Human Events;11/19/99, Vol. 55 Issue 43, p27
Provides information on the bills passed by the United States Congress as of November 19, 1999. Bill regarding physician-assisted suicide; Budget of Washington D.C.; Transportation Appropriation bill.
- Despite a Congressional order. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 68, p2
Provides the details of the budget plans of Washington Mayor Barry.
- Symposium. Norton, Eleanor Holmes; Taylor, Charles // Insight on the News;07/06/98, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p28
Presents opposing views on the decision of the United States Congress to allow the District of Columbia to control its own budget. Political party expected to lead the fight against the budget provision; Major mistakes made by the control board in working with the Congress for the financial...
- The House was expected to pass a bill yesterday. Mutch, David; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 89, p2
Reports that the House was expected to pass a bill in the House on April 3, 1995, which was to create a financial oversight board for the District of Columbia.
- House passes D.C. bill with vouchers. // Human Events;10/24/97, Vol. 53 Issue 40, p27
Focuses on the Fiscal 1998 D.C. Appropriations bill which includes a school-voucher program for the District of Columbia. Budget authority for the district; Vote for the institution of the voucher program for low-income students.
- Senate passes $3.5 D.C. budget. // Human Events;11/11/94, Vol. 50 Issue 43, p23
Reports on the Senates's passing of the $3.5-billion fiscal year 1995 appropriations bill for the District of Columbia. Provisions and restrictions; Comments from supporters and opponents; Voting statistics.