All Aboard for $650 Million Las Vegas Strip Monorail Deal
- BONDS APPROVED FOR EXTENSION OF LAS VEGAS MONORAIL SYSTEM. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/11/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p20
Reports the approval of tax-free bonds for the construction of an extended monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the monorail extension; Information on the construction costs; Addition of five stations to the project.
- Monorail seeks to erase $640 million in debt. O'REILEY, TIM // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/30/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 35, pP5
The article provides information about the bankruptcy reorganization plan of the Las Vegas visitor transport line Monorail. It is inferred that the first edition of the plan would erase 97 percent of the 659.7 million U.S. dollars owed on bonds that financed the transit line's construction, and...
- 1,000 Words Image of the Week: Brazil Goes Monorail. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;10/4/2012, p1
The article focuses on the ongoing construction of the monorail in SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil as of October 4, 2012.
- Goodbye to gridlock? Gould, Lark Ellen // Travel Agent;12/12/94, Vol. 273 Issue 9, p90
Reports on the construction of the monorail system in Las Vegas, Nevada. Location of the monorail system; Effect of the monorail system on the tourist trade of Las Vegas.
- Baghdad seeks investors for monorail. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/16/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 29, p14
The article reports that the Transport Ministry of Iraq and Baghdad Investment Authority are seeking investors for its monorail projects.
- Scomi wins SÃ£o Paulo monorail. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2011, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on a turnkey contract that was awarded by Metro SÃ£o Paulo to a consortium consisting of several companies to construct the Line 17 monorail in Brazil in 2011, including Scomi Group, Montagens e Projetos Especiais SA, and CR Almeida SA.
- Earnings fall for monorail builder. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;3/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
Reports the earnings of monorail contractor Granite Construction Inc. as of 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on increases in revenues; Information on the planned Las Vegas Monorail; Aims in solving traffic problems in the city.
- Emirates goes wild in Birmingham. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/11/2010, Issue 2916, p20
The article reports on the range of designs provided by Emirates Airline for its monorail system, which highlights its destination offer from Birmingham, England.
- Most read on meed.com this week. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/13/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 33, p4
The article offers news briefs in the Middle East that are most read at meed.com for the second week of August 2010 including the development plans by countries of the Maghreb to meet the needs of their rapidly growing population, the appointment of Nakheel LLC as monorail operator at the Palm...