Tax Hike Approved for Green Bay Stadium Renovation
- Sales Tax Would Preserve Venerable Lambeau Field Name. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p3
Reports on Green Bay, Wisconsin Mayor Paul Jadin's plan that would ask counties to voluntarily enact sales tax to raise money for the early retirement of bonds issued to renovate the Green Bay Packers' football stadium. Goal to preserve the Lambeau Field name; Naming rights deal between the...
- Too much, too soon? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p1
Reports that the Green Bay Packers football team wants to renovate the Lambeau Field Stadium with the help of a sales tax increase in Brown County, Wisconsin. Local officials' concerns on the tax's long-term impact on county financing; Belief that the plan is moving too quickly through the...
- Packers Stadium Renovation Plan Clears Major Hurdle. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p6
No abstract available.
- Midwest bond-watch: Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p43
Reports that the Wisconsin Green Bay Packers will make their case for a new or renovated stadium.
- Rooting the home team. Morris, David; Kraker, Daniel // American Prospect;Sep/Oct98, Issue 40, p38
Presents information on the Green Bay Packers football team, winners of the 1998 Super Bowl, highlighting a decision made by the team's managers to move them from Denver, Colorado to another city, if Denver does not build a different stadium. Value of the team; Amount of money the stadium is...
- Green bay packers court sales tax to finance renovation of stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p24
Reports on the football team Green Bay Packers' plans for a renovation of the Lambeau Field Stadium in Green Bay, Wisconsin, that calls for the creation of an authority which could issue bonds to finance the project. Outline of the planned renovation; Description of the funding structure for...
- Packers Plan Becomes Political Turf War in Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p26
Focuses on the disputes among Wisconsin officials over the Green Bay Packers football team's plan to renovate Lambeau Field Stadium in Green Bay. Bond issue proposed to finance the stadium; Issues raised by the proposed stadium board; Political partisanship that wrapped up the stadium...
- Green Bay Stadium District Eyes Early Debt Payment Options. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p28
Reports on the financing of the renovation of the Green Bay Packers' Lambeau Field. Payment of the bonds issued; Search for a financial team.
- Packers, Green Bay Reach Stadium-Naming Pact. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p4
Reports the consideration of the Green Bay, Wisconsin City Council for a stadium naming rights agreement with football team Green Bay Packers. Context of the tentative agreement reached by both parties; Requisite of the state legislation governing renovation plan for the Lambeau Field;...