S&P Salutes NYC's Financial Performance with GO Upgrade
- Budget Shortfall Unlikely to Hurt Suffolk County's Credit. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p32
Reports on developments concerning public finance in Suffolk County, New York as of January 18, 2001. Projected budget shortfall; Rating analysts' views on the effect of the budget shortfall on the county's credit; Suffolk County's general obligation bond sales from 1991 to 2000.
- Pair of Maine Issuers Share Downgrades, Not Much Else. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p25
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to downgrade the ratings of a county and a town in Maine in December 2006. The rating agency downgraded York County's ratings from A-plus to A-minus. The town of Paris had a rating of BBB-plus from A-minus. The downgrades appear to be...
- S&P's Outlook for Toledo, Ohio, Improves. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;07/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30935, p5
Reports that Standard & Poor's has improved the outlook on its ratings for Toledo, Ohio. Rating given to the city's general obligation limited tax issue scheduled to sell on July 20, 2000; Improvements in Toledo's economic conditions.
- Millbrae Goes Negative. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p39
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to revise it outlook for Millbrae, California to negative from stable.
- Tucson ranks with the 'creative class'. // Inside Tucson Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Tucson, Arizona, ranks 16th on the next Cities list of super cities. It is noted that Next Generation Consulting issued the ranking which honored the city with more than 500,000 population, a better place to live and work for young professionals. It reveals that San...
- Moody's Upgrades Booming Boston to Aa2. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Boston, Massachusetts' rating with a positive outlook to the city's general obligation bonds. Factors contributing to the upgrading of the city's rating; Growth in the city's assessed valuation for 2000 and 2001.
- AARP ranks Spokane high on 'top dream towns' list. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);3/27/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, pA8
Reports on the inclusion of Spokane, Washington in the list of top 15 dream towns in the U.S. Features and amenities offered by Spokane; Criteria used to rank the cities.
- Fresno ranked uncool by magazine. Carr, Reo // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/12/98, Issue 322250, p22
Editorial. Comments on the poor ranking received by the city of Fresno, California on `P.O.V.' magazine's ranking of best cities for young entrepreneurs. Lifestyle criteria used in the ranking; Physical attractions of Fresno.
- City stress index: 25 best, 25 worst. Levine, R. // Psychology Today;Nov88, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p52
There are many ways of comparing cities as good places to live. This rating uses the psychological well-being of their inhabitants, as measured by rates of alcoholism, crime, suicide, and divorce. INSET: Getting riled about ratings..