AMBAC FINANCIAL GROUP
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p7
Reports on the appointment of Anne S. Morse as vice president in New York-based Ambac Financial Group Inc. and on the appointment of Paul Palmeri as chief operating officer of New York-based TheMuniCenter. Professional experience of Morse; Morse's job responsibility; Palmeri's suitability for...
- Ambac issues debt to finance expansion. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p31
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. issued $200 million of 100-year debt in April 1998 as part of an effort to increase the company's capital for future expansion efforts. Ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Lead manager.
- How to play the muni boom and earn around 35 percent. Sheeline, Bill // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p80
Explains the reasons why stock in Ambac, the oldest insurer of municipal bonds, is a good investment. Description of firm's business; How the firm is able to show profits even in slow years; Outlook for prosperous years; Comments from Ambac CEO Phillip Lassiter; Share prices and earnings...
- Municipal bond fears insure Ambac's future. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the stock performance of New York City-based Ambac Incorporated. Effect of increase in demand for insurance as a result of increased acquisition of municipal bonds; Comments of Ambac chairman Phillip B. Lassiter on the trend in municipal bond acquisition.
- Choosing an investor requires due diligence. Heller, Dean // Las Vegas Business Press;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p5
Provides insights into the recruitment process for investment professional in Nevada. Comprehension about the types of services; Establishment of professional standards and certification requirements; Set of questions to ask during the job interview.
- Highmark Plans Two More Searches. // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the search for fixed-income manager and large-cap equity manager by Highmark Inc., a pension plan company.
- Middlesex County Searches in Bonds. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the search for a short-term fixed income manager and a real estate manager in the United States by Middlesex County Retirement Board of England.
- PaineWebber Hires Research Head Hein. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p7
Reports that PaineWebber has hired former director of money manager research for consulting firm Prudential Securities Investment Management Services, Richard Hein as head of research.
- Funds weed out money managers. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;1/22/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p83
Reports on pension funds' increased issuance of requests for information or RFI, a weeding process in searches for money managers and other service providers. RFI as an abbreviated requests for proposals questionnaire; Search for basic information about the vendor; Advantages of using RFI;...