GOP Push May Not Get OTC Bill Passed This Year
- Proposed New York law on derivative suits against directors: Far from a cure. Philips, David; Fallon, Geoffrey D. // NACD Directorship;Mar1994, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p6
Describes derivative lawsuits and the current law to put into perspective the Proposed Law, a legislation passed by the New York State Senate concerning derivative lawsuits as of late 1993. Evolution of the shareholder derivative action; Important aspects of the Proposed Law.
- Derivatives users hit new SEC rule. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;4/15/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 71, p22
Reports that derivatives users are fighting a US Securities and Exchange Commission regulation on derivatives they say will be cumbersome to comply with and supply little useful information to investors. Disclosure requirements; Quantification on how instruments could affect the business.
- Reform Group Disputes JPM Claim. Adler, Joe // American Banker;5/21/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 78, p11
The article reports the advocacy group Americans for Financial Reform disputes JPMorgan Chase bank's claim that a specific derivatives trade is allowed under the U.S. Volcker Rule which prohibits proprietary trading.
- What's gone wrong with derivatives? Lack of controls. Haney, Robert P.; Levin, Jack P. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep96, Vol. 6 Issue 58, p11
Focuses on the legislation affecting derivative securities. Value derived from an underlying asset, rate or index; Possibility that the United States Congress will react to pressure to do something with derivatives; Government action against abusive sales practices.
- Regulators have a few things in mind for derivatives, but congress is quiet. Reynolds, Katerine M. // Bond Buyer;12/29/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30300, p1
Presents predictions for 1998 in relation to the derivatives market in United States and pending legislation. Plans of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Proposed regulatory structures of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Details on legislation introduced by Senator Lauch Faircloth.
- Statement to the Congress. Phillips, Susan M. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jun97, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p497
Addresses the author's views on the Federal Reserve Board's efforts to clarify and reform the regulation of the derivatives contracts under the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA). Government regulation of financial markets; Application of the CEA to privately negotiated transactions; Regulations of...
- Derivatives rules clarified. // Pensions & Investments;4/1/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
Reports that guidelines to clarify what trustees should do when investing in derivatives has been establish by the United States Department of Labor. Comments from Assistance Secretary of Labour Olena Berg; Response to the guidelines.
- Indiana legislature contemplates bill merging six state bonding agencies. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the legislation in Indiana's Senate which would consolidate six state bonding authorities into the Indiana Finance Authority. Features of the bill; Total worth of outstanding bond debt by the state; List of Indiana state agencies' bond sales from 1980-1998.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p6
Reports on updates regarding municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in various states in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring in Colorado; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities in Alaska; Securities litigation reform in Texas.