Mississippi DOT Needs $100 Million to Get Through the Year
- Mississippi DOT Seeks More Funds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30934, p1
Focuses on the Mississippi Department of Transportation's call for Governor Ronnie Musgrove and state lawmakers to extend a tax on gaming or find other revenues so that it can sell authorized but unissued bonds. Goal of continuing the state's stalled four-lane highway program; Impact of the...
- Mississippi Presses For Reform of DOT. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p48
Reports the efforts of lawmakers for reforms in the Department of Transportation (DOT) in Mississippi. Information on problems in the management; Submission of the bill requiring DOT of better budgeting procedures; Failure of keeping central program management information system.
- Now is the time to prepare for hurricane season. // Jackson Advocate;8/27/2015, Vol. 77 Issue 47, p11B
The article reports that the Mississippi Department of Transportation offers information to help prepare homes for hurricane season in the U.S.
- 5th Annual Safety Fair. // Jackson Advocate;4/4/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p12A
The article offers information on the 5th Annual Safety Fair sponsored by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) to be held on April 6, 2013 at the Mississippi Trade Mart in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Benford views Transportation Commissioner post as tool for economic development. McBride, Earnest // Jackson Advocate;7/21/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 40, p3A
The article profiles Dorothy Benford, one of the candidates seeking the office of central district State Transportation Commissioner in Mississippi, who believes that her understanding of the political and economic issues gives her an advantage to find solutions to the existing problems.
- New signs point to agritourism sites. Lewis, Keri Collins // Delta Farm Press;10/5/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 39, p15
The article discusses the Mississippi Department of Transportation's Agritourism Sign Program, which will post brown signs in 2012 to indicate agritourism sites such as pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and guided hunts.
- A new perspective on weed control. // Roads & Bridges;Dec2012, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p30
The article reports on the costs and time savings offered by selective herbicide to Mississippi Department of Transportation's roadside maintenance. Mississippi DOT adopted strategic herbicide treatments to reduce mowing time and increase overall productivity. DuPont Perspective herbicide was...
- Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) Meet-the-Prime Contractor Event. // Jackson Advocate;4/25/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 29, p6B
The article offers information on the Meet-the-Prime Contractors event of the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) to be held at the Clyde Muse Center of the Hinds Community College in Pearl, Mississippi on May 2, 2013.
- A more economical ECM solution for MDOT. // KM World;May2011, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the use of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 as the enterprise content management (ECM) system by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) to reduce the cost of licenses and maintenance, and to gain an enterprise taxonomy and solution better designed for the MDOT...