Grand Forks, N.D., Issues Next Batch of Flood Bonds
- That one in one hundred year event can happen tomorrow. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;06/08/96, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p12
Gives advice on flood insurance in the United States. Property damages due to natural disasters; Affordability of coverages; Understanding the coverages.
- When disaster strikes. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/22/95, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p15
Reports on the investigation by insurance policy holders in New Orleans, Louisiana of their policies in the wake of the May 1995 floods. Risk classification of homes and businesses; Amount of insurance caps; Cost of lack of coverage; Work of insurance adjusters; Other types of casualty insurance.
- Flood insurance not automatic in typical property coverages. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, FOCUS Magazine p7
Looks at the exclusion of flood insurance in typical property protection policies in the United States. Importance of flood insurance; Description of the National Flood Insurance Program; Flood insurance as a necessity.
- Are we drowning in flood insurance? Hartill, Lane // Christian Science Monitor;3/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 89, p16
Reports on the low number of properties covered by flood insurance and the amount of federal money that can be saved by flood insurance.
- KEEPING U.S. FLOOD RISK CONTAINED. // National Mortgage News;7/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p17
The article offers information on the solution to the lack of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) authorization through the assistance of insurance vendors in the U.S.
- Alex Serves as Example of Flood Risks that Could Grow. // National Mortgage News;7/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p21
The article discusses the lessons brought by the tropical storm Alex, which hit Texas, that could serve as a warning and example for the possible flood risks in the U.S.
- Storm damage raises coverage issues. Jaffe, Alfred I. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/02/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p31
Opinion. Focuses on the insurance coverage issues raised following the damage causes by the flood in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Reference to the Federal Emergency Management Agency media campaign; Indication that every business needs this coverage; Estimates for 1997 year-end policyholders...
- Log Cabin now part of flood insurance program. // Malakoff News (TX);5/7/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p5A
The article reports that the city Log Cabin, Texas can purchase flood insurance under the National Flood Insurance program (NFIP).
- The flood insurance game. Glick, Daniel // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May94, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p44
Discusses claims to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) for flood damage. Background on the NFIP's foundation and goals; Payments made to claimants; Financial standing.