Moody's: N.C. Util. Not Set to Compete
- The impact of M&As: Ups and downs of utility credit ratings. Jones, Cate // Electrical World;Jul96, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the impact of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) on electric utility ratings in the United States. Issues that are considered when evaluating utility M&As; Bidding wars sparked by hostile takeover attempts; Impact of a utilities' mergers with companies outside the electric power...
- Financial analysts expect harder times. // Electric Light & Power;Dec93, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p1
Reports on major utility rating agencies' downgrading of investor-owned electric utilities' credit ratings in the United States. Riskiness of lower-rated deby issues; Changes in the utility market to meet the more competitive marketplace; Revision of rating outlooks by Standard & poors Ratings...
- S&P rates California's interim power exchange. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor's credit rating to California's interim power exchange.
- FELPS powers on $9.5M new debt. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;9/17/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 38, p1A
The article reports on the growing concern of credit-rating agencies over the issuance of additional $9.5 million debt for electric utility Floresville Electric Light & Power System (FELPS) in Wilson County, Texas.
- Power Co credit ratings warning. // Power Economics;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Standard and Poor's has issued credit ratings warnings to electricity generation companies in Great Britain as of October 2000. Deterioration in the firms' financial performance projected by the ratings agency.
- Credit worsens in US. // Power Economics;Jan2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the decreasing credit ratings of the investor-owned utilities in the U.S. Reduction of investor confidence; Volatility of the power prices.
- Downgrade could raise wholesale costs. // Utility Week;3/1/2013, p5
The article reports on a forecast by analysts that the downgrading of Great Britain's credit rating will result to an increase in energy bills.
- Ratings for utilities to diverge from sovereigns as deregulation progresses. Lau, Clara // Power Economics;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p23
Comments on developments related to credit ratings of electric power companies as of October 2000. Deregulation's impact on credit ratings of electric utilities; Differences in countries' approaches to deregulation of the electric power industry; Deregulation's impact on credit risk.
- Moody's on Public Power: Strong Today, Competitive Tomorrow. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31218, p44
Reports on the creditworthiness of the public power sector in the United States. Risks facing some individual municipal electric utilities; Market competition in the energy sector.