Connecticut's Lucky Draw
- MINNESOTA: Twin Cities Casino. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p39
Reports on debates on several plans that propose expanded gaming in the Twin Cities and a joint state and tribal-owned casino in Minnesota. Opposition faced by proposals of expansion; Reasons for opposition to proposals.
- A big payoff. // Business News New Jersey;01/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the revenue gains of casinos in Atlantic City, New Jersey in 1998. Estimated gross income of the city's 12 gaming halls.
- Rolling High. // Business News New Jersey;10/17/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p5
Focuses on the gambling revenues reported by casinos in Atlantic City, New Jersey in September 2000. Comparison with earnings for the same period in 1999.
- Riverboat gambling rush hits slowdown. Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/21/94, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the state of riverboat casino gambling in New Orleans, Louisiana. Political issues; Economic aspects of riverboat casinos; Criticisms of riverboat casino gambling.
- Don't bet on riverfront casinos. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the operation of riverfront casinos in Detroit, Michigan.
- Dock It. Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the riverboat casino industry of Indiana. Issuance of gaming licenses by the Indiana General Assembly; Dockside gaming authorized by the Illinois legislature; Negative impact on revenues of dockside gaming or flexible boarding to Indiana's riverboat casino industry; Amendment of the...
- Gambling Industry Wins Big. Price, Joyce Howard // Insight on the News;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the gambling industry in the United States. Legalization of casinos; Political aspect of the issue; Views from several legislators.
- Poll: No gambling option wanted. C.F. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/7/95, Vol. 42 Issue 32, p11
Reports that the LIA Association has called on state legislators to amend a passed constitutional amendment that would allow casino gambling in the New York State to include Nassau and Suffolk. Inclusion of residents in the decision process; Responses to a 1994 legislative questionnaire...
- Gaming stocks: Who analysts are watching. McKee, Jamie // Las Vegas Business Press;1/16/95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the improving financial performance of gaming companies in the United States. Increase in the value of stocks owned by Caesars World after being acquired by ITT Sheraton; Performance of gaming companies in 1994; Change in the attitude of financial analysts toward gaming stocks.
- When will Green Valley see gamblers' green? Well... Moore, Thomas // Las Vegas Business Press;3/27/95, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p3
Discusses the plans of companies in the gaming industry to locate in Green Valley in Nevada. Elaboration on the plans of Station Casinos and Sahara Gaming; Plans of Station Casinos of building a Mediterranean-themed version of the company's popular local casinos; Need for residential...