RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- Can You Hear Us?: The Lower Class in Lithuanian Media and Politics. Balockaite, Rasa // Problems of Post-Communism;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the Lithuanian lower class as it participates, and is a function of, media and politics within Lithuania. Lithuania's poor are only indirectly represented in Lithuania's media and politics, the article indicates, and they are represented in a manner that is distorted, the...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the political risk, economic risk and business conditions in Lithuania including the country's political trends, the revisions of its 2011 private consumption growth forecast, and the drop of its year-to-date current account balance in September 2010.
- Country Intelligence: Report: Lithuania. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Oct2013, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the economic condition of Lithuania. The economic growth of Lithuania is expected to remain robust in the second half of the year 2013. Consumer spending is seeing growth in 2013. It is predicted that capital investment will expand in 2013 and...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
The article presents a risk summary of the political, economic and business conditions in Lithuania as of January 2009. On November 17, 2008, a flat level of income tax, value-added tax and corporate tax has been agreed upon by the country's coalition government, headed by the Homeland...
- COUNTRY REPORT: LITHUANIA. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Nov2011, p1
The article presents the growth and outlook for the domestic economy of Lithuania through 2016. It provides an alternative scenario outlook of the country including its financial market turmoil, severe fiscal tightening measures and unemployment rate of Lithuania. It also offers forecasts on the...
- DEKLARUOTOS EMIGRACIJOS IR NEDARBO TERITORINIAI YPATUMAI LIETUVOJE 2005-2009 M. Stanaitis, Saulius // Bridges / Tiltai;2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p139
The article contains a territorial analysis of the indices of unemployment and declared emigration in 2005-2009 on a municipal level. The levels of unemployment and emigration in the periods before the economic decline (2005-2008) and during the economic decline (2009) were compared. Based on...
- Emigration and its Impact on The State Economics. Ciuleviciene, Vida // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;2012, Issue 27, p49
The article analyses the emigration of Lithuanian citizens in the period of 2001-2010 and its impact on the state economics. Lithuania has the highest scope of emigration in the EU and there is an increasing tendency. More than 330 thousand citizens have emigrated during the period analysed....
- People. // Lithuania Country Review;2010, p82
The article provides an overview of the social condition of Lithuania for 2010, along with information on the country's demography, culture, and social stratification.
- Economic Overview. // Lithuania Country Review;2010, p50
The article presents an overview of the economic condition in Lithuania for 2010, which include the country's economic performance, balance of payments, and regional situation.