Heading Into Recession
- Economic Growth: Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p4
The article offers information on the economic outlook for Slovakia in 2011-2012. It mentions that automotive production should serve as a key driver of growth in late 2011 and into 2012 while the net exports and fixed investment will help compensate for the sluggish growth in household...
- Growth Set To Slow In 2012 And Beyond. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
The article presents an economic growth outlook of Slovakia for 2012. It forecasts that the country's real gross domestic product (GDP) growth will drop to 2.9% from the previous 3.4% estimate, net exports will decline to 2.78 percentage points (pp), and private consumption will remain subdued...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p3
The article forecasts alternative scenarios that could affect the economic development in Slovakia in 2012, including weaker gross domestic product (GDP) growth, better economic performance and the impact of the victory of center-right parties in the March 2012 election on business environment.
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p4
The article forecasts the economic performance of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its alternative scenarios wherein gross domestic product (GDP) growth is expected to be weak if key export markets in Europe underperform.
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p8
The article forecasts the economic performance of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its consumer demand which is expected to recover modestly due to the government's austerity measures and return to pre-economic crisis levels by 2014-2015.
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Recent Developments. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p8
The article reports on the economic condition of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its consumer demand. Retail sales reportedly increased by 1.2 percent year-on-year in real terms which encouraged economic recovery following three years of recession. It adds that gross domestic product...
- Vplyv globÃ¡lnej ekonomiky na vÃ½voj ekonomiky SR v obdobÃ 2009-2012. Hajnovičová, Viera // Forecasting Papers / Prognosticke Prace;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p103
The goal of the study is to analyse the impact of global economy on the Slovak economy during the crisis years 2009-2012. In the first part of the study the development of the economy based on GDP data in 2009-2012 is reviewed. The production and consumption structures of GDP are analysed, of...
- Sticking With Longer-Term Koruna Strength. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p8
Offers an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2006. Impact of the short-term weakness of its currency, the koruna, on efforts to contain inflation in 2007; Rise in the country's interest rates at the end of May; Outlook for real gross domestic product growth.
- Budget Deficit Continues To Narrow. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p9
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Slovakia for 2007. The country's budget balance continues to improve, with the deficit forecast to reach 2.9% of gross domestic product (GDP) by end-2007. Slovakia still maintains one of the largest deficits in the European Union, being the fourth...