Slovak Tensions To Remain
- Background Note: Hungary. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Hungary;September 2004, p1
Provides information about Hungary as of September 2004. Geography; Population; Government; Political and economic conditions; Foreign relations.
- Week in Review: POLITICS. // Budapest Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p2
Reports on political developments in Hungary as of February 3, 2003. Hungary's pledge of support to the U.S. if it decides on war against Iraq; Government's European Union Communications Public Foundation's awarding of contracts to several advertising and marketing firms to prepare Hungarian...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
The article provides an update on the condition of the economic and political environment in Slovakia. The relationship of Slovakia with neighbor Hungary appear to be in jeopardy after indications that the inclusion of the far-right Slovak National Party in the new governing coalition in...
- SWOT Analysis. // Hungary Tourism Report;Q1 2011, Issue 1, p7
A strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis for the tourism industry and economic, political and business conditions in Hungary is presented. The tourism industry has been supported by cultural and historical attractions. Cross-border cooperation may be affected by its...
- SWOT Analysis. // Hungary Tourism Report;Q2 2011, Issue 2, p7
A strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis for Hungary, which covers politics, economics and tourism, is presented. One of the strengths of the tourism sector is the availability of low-cost flights to the country through airlines including Wizz Air, Ryanair and Travel...
- Incumbent likely to win big in election in Hungary. // Hill;4/ 7/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p12
The article reports on the results of the election polls which predicted that the Hungarian governing party will win the 2014 parliamentary elections.
- VIGVÃRI ANDRÃS: Atipikus Ã¶nkormÃ¡nyzati eladÃ³sodÃ¡s MagyarorszÃ¡gon. András, Vigvári // Kozgazdasagi Szemle / Economic Review;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 56, p709
The paper sets out to examine the local-government system in Hungary, starting from an atypical pattern of indebtedness among LGOs in recent years. One symptom of the atypical indebtedness is atypical local government. It argues that this as another factor behind the break-up of the Hungarian...
- The Russia Factor. Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;4/14/2014, p9
The article reports on the elections in Hungary and the country's relations to Russia as of April 2014. It discusses the victory of Prime Minister Viktor Orban's Fidesz party. It also notes the alleged actions taken by the center-left opposition to damage the reputation of the political party...
- Foreign Relations. // Palau Country Review;2009, p30
The article provides an overview on the foreign relations of Slovakia with details on its regional relations and relations with Hungary and the U.S.