ZERO WASTE ACTIVISM TAKES ON GLOBAL WARMING
- MY THOUGHTS ON GLOBAL WARMING. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Mar2008, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p27
The author relates his views on the contribution of corporate green culture to prevent global warming. He assesses that industries can prosper without harming the environment through the strategy because it helps the environment and will put them at a competitive advantage over those who choose...
- GROUPS HEATED OVER CLIMATE MOVE. Snyder, Jim // Hill;9/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 106, p16
The article reports on the effort of environmental activists to hold the line against proposals that would weaken the powers of federal regulators to fight global warming in the U.S.
- ALASKANS MAKE A PLEDGE TO SAVE. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p60
The article discusses the efforts of participants in the National Wildlife Federation's (NWF) Alaska Youth for Environmental Action (AYEA) program to get Alaskans to reduce their global warming pollution. The AYEA is attempting to get Alaskans to sign the 3-2-1 Pledge, in which they vow to...
- Sustainability warrants the limelight. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p10
The article discusses the publication's Emerald awards, which recognizes the environmental initiatives of organizations in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The revolution of sustainable Europe. Radiconcini, Laura // Chain Reaction;Spring2000, Issue 83, p35
Deals with the approach of the Friends of the Earth Netherlands organization to sustainability. Comments on the environmental space methodology proposed for the Sustainable Europe Campaign; Status of nongovernmental organizations in Italy; Evaluation of the proposed sustainability policies.
- Lake Placid recognized for green efforts. COLLIER, JESSICA // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/21/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 120, p2
The article reports that state and local officials have joined together to recognize Lake Placid, New York's, efforts in becoming more environmentally friendly.
- Going, Going, GREEN. Maroukian, Francine // Town & Country;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5335, p177
The article offers initiative and techniques on how to attain sustainable development in the U.S.
- EDUCATING THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON GREEN INITIATIVES. Koenig, Karen M. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov2007, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p13
The author reflects on the importance of educating the general public about the green initiative of the U.S. government. The author cites that saving the environment as well as preventing global warming is being promoted in all local media, from newspapers to television news shows in the...
- For His Second Act, Saving the Planet. Kluger, Jeffrey // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/25/2006, Issue 51/52, p84
The article describes environmental advocate and former U.S. Vice President Al Gore and the way he has reframed the green debate with his motion picture "An Inconvenient Truth." After heat waves, Hurricane Katrina, and White House indifference to environmental issues, the public seemed ready to...