TREAT HER RIGHT
- Family relationships in comic postcards 1900â€“1930 Wall, Richard // History of the Family;2007, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p50
Abstract: This paper discusses how comic postcards circulating in Europe and North America between 1900 and 1930 featured various aspects of family life. A range of situations were considered amusing involving babies, children, parents, mothers-in-law, servants and the elderly. The four...
- When You're the Difficult Person. Perina, Kaja // Psychology Today;Jun2012, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p3
The author offers information on occasional offenders or the Big-D Difficult. The author mentions that Big-D Difficult is offender who is uncharacteristically curt with only one or two colleagues. The worst in the family is a member that can make one feel like the person exists just to meet...
- The Role of Communication-Related Traits for Victims of Unwanted Relationship Pursuit. Sato, Sai // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
This study explored people's communication-related traits that may attract and/or encourage frequent and long-lasting experiences of unwanted relationship pursuit. None of the characteristics examined had positive associations with either the frequency or the duration of such experiences....
- Exploring the Dynamic Nature of the Grandparent-Grandchild Relationship. Kam, Jennifer; Nussbaum, Jon // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
Twenty-four grandparents and 26 young-adult grandchildren (N = 50) were interviewed to explore turning points in relational closeness. The purpose was to determine the events that were associated with changes in relational closeness within the grandparent-grandchild relationship. Six common...
- Ask Georgie Parker. Parker, Georgie // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);1/29/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p79
The article presents questions and answers related to family. One person asks how she can combat her family's depression after her mother was assaulted by their neighbors and some of their friends. A reader asks is she would ever find someone to marry and have children with.
- Can Family Members Ruin Your Relationship? Yarbrough, Marti // Jet;11/17/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p12
Talks about the role of family members in the demise of the love relationship between a couple. Scenario which illustrates how a family member can ruin the relationship; Problem with family loyalty; Recommendations for couples who are experiencing problems caused by family members.
- On the Inflation of Necessities. Baumann, Peter // Metaphysica;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p51
This paper argues that Kripke's thesis of the necessity of origin has some implausible consequences.
- Family TIES. OSTEEN, JOEL // Guideposts;Apr2012, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p44
The article offers the author's tips on keeping the family bonding strong. It is advised to stay close to people in one's life, to avoid fights, and to express love to the loved ones. It also shares the bond between the author and his family members and likens love with the spiritual gravity...
- Stepfamilies Can Be Fun. Ziegahn, Suzen // Going Bonkers;Winter2007, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p14
The article suggests steps on how to create a successful stepfamily. It notes that building a stepfamily plan has worked in many stepfamilies. It can help confront future issues ahead of time. Making peace with the past, talking about it and accepting it are important in building a stepfamily...