Scrappy Startup Seeks Handset Business
- Sendo unleashes 'vicious' plan to cash in on mobiles. // Electronics Weekly;12/3/2003, Issue 2126, p12
Birmingham, England-based mobile phone company Sendo Ltd. expects to sell four to five million phones next year, with 20 per cent of them being smartphones, and more than double its revenues to exceed $200 million. "It's a growth story right now for us," said Hugh Brogan, Sendo's chief executive...
- Sendo dumps MS for Nokia. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;12/15/2002, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p8
Reports that Sendo has dumped Microsoft Corp. as its mobile partner. Reaction of Sendo on the decision of Microsoft to launch its smartphone operating system handset through France Telecom's Orange; Decision of Sendo to adopt Nokia's series 60 platform.
- SHORTMESSAGE. // Wireless Asia;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p32
Presents news updates in the telecommunication industry as of February 2003. Collapse of the Sendo Ltd. and Microsoft Corp. partnership; Arrival of camera-equipped handsets in Hong Kong, China.
- Sendo responds to Ericsson action with anti-competitive complaint. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;3/30/2005, Issue 2187, p3
The article reports on mobile phone company of Great Britain Sendo Ltd.'s response to LM Ericsson Telefon AB's action against it for patent infringement. Sendo has hit back at Ericsson's legal action by making public its complaint to the European Commission regarding what it claims is...
- Where is the nearest LBS provider? Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the use of location-based services of mobile telecommunication operators in Europe. Reluctance of companies to gamble on unproven technology; Establishment of a range of network infrastructure partnerships; Privacy concerns of end-users.
- Mobile video: the story so far... Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p22
Reports the partnership of the mobile communications vendor in Asia. Development of mobile video portfolios; Launch of third-generation devices; Utilization of the encoding technology in creating video files.
- Managing Mobile Web Partnerships. McKinney, Darren // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p45
Focuses on the management of mobile Web partnerships. Benefit of the partner relationship management; Reasons operators should not shy away from collecting revenue and billing subscribers; Information on the revenue opportunities available to wireless carriers.
- Sendo-Microsoft lawsuit paints bitter partnership. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Sendo against Microsoft Corp. in February 2003. Allegations of Sendo against Microsoft; Answers of Microsoft to Sendo's allegations; Information on the companies' alliance which began in 2000.
- Sun shines on North Korea telecoms. // Telecom Asia;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry in North Korea. Impact of South Korea's sunshine policy of diplomatic engagement with North Korea on telecommunication investment and collaboration in the country; Lack of billing capability to bill for incoming calls; Government's...