- Your questions answered. Knight, Frank // New York State Conservationist;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p29
Presents questions and answers on nature conservation. Includes confirmation of a variety of trillium wth four leaves; Identification of slime molds; Predatory behavior of weasels.
- Signpost. // Backpacker;Aug95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
Presents topics related to nature conservation in the United States. Isolation of substance in bear blood for bone growth; Boycott of Columbia Sportswear products; Payment for recreational activities; Fee collection of the US Fish and Wildlife Service; Decline in mountain bike purchases;...
- Save our countryside. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Jul95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p18
Reports on developments concerning efforts to save the countryside. Establishment of the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve in Osage County, Oklahoma; Publication of the book `Choose to Reuse,' by Nikki and David Goldbeck; Roadmaster's introduction of Trailblazer mountain bikes; Narada Media's release...
- ORVs at Gulf Islands. // National Parks;Sep/Oct84, Vol. 58 Issue 9/10, p37
Discusses the announcement that the Perdido Key section of Gulf Islands National Seashore will remain closed indefinitely in August 1984 to off-road vehicles in order to protect the beach.
- The point of a view. McMahon, E.T. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p26
Opinion. Contends that the aesthetic values exemplified by conservationists ' efforts to preserve the United States' natural heritage are as valid as any other function of government, such as public health or economic considerations. How conservationists finally forced the owners of the Navajo...
- Plea for The Burren. // New Scientist;3/7/92, Vol. 133 Issue 1811, p12
Reports that conservationists are urging the European Commission to withhold funding for a visitor center on The Burren in County Clare, Ireland. The commission is due to decide whether to give Ireland three million pounds to finance the center;The significance of The Burren.
- German naturalists defend Red Army's legacy. Toro, T. // New Scientist;4/11/92, Vol. 134 Issue 1816, p10
Discusses the fate of the Doeberitz Heath tank range that the former Soviet Union had used and is now a treasure trove of biological diversity. Location of the preserve; Local naturalists have taken steps to defend it; Property developers would like to have it.
- No net loss of wetlands. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p20
Opinion. Presents a message from President George Bush on the importance of protecting America's wetlands. Wetlands Task Force; Responsibility of citizens.
- Wetlands: Critical links in natural ecosystems. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p21
Opinion. Argues in favor of a strong conservation section in the proposed 1990 Farm Bill and other legislation to protect America's wetlands.